2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Off Topic > Idea?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• For those of us that get lost in the books and don't keep track of the days/weeks (waving hand in the air), would it be helpful to post at the top of the board what week we are currently in?

message 2: by Renee (new)

Renee Andrews (gagatorgal) | 25 comments I think that would be very helpful. Great idea!

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (pagelady) | 155 comments Like. I just finished Outlander, my read from Week 1. I was so engrossed. I forgot Goodreads existed for a few days!

message 4: by Lora (new)

Lora (misplacedselchie) | 347 comments Great idea! We will definitely do that. Would it also be helpful for y'all if we posted the corresponding dates for the weeks? I know many of us have them written down (I did so I could plan an easy November), but I am sure not everyone is as crazy as me ;)

message 5: by Lora (new)

Lora (misplacedselchie) | 347 comments Just to clarify, would you want the current week up in the Announcments box on the top of the page

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (pagelady) | 155 comments I think in the Announcements box would be great. I also just went into my Reading Plan and posted month/day at the beginning of each week, so I could track it better myself.

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• I'd be good with just the current week in the announcement section. The dates would just be a bonus :)

message 8: by Lora (new)

Lora (misplacedselchie) | 347 comments Okay, great! I have mentioned it to my fellow mods/mod assistants, we are waiting on Jessica (who is a very busy girl!). She is the only one I believe who can do it because she is the head honcho :)

Either way, we will figure out something to make it easy for y'all to know/remember the current week. (which right now is 4 ;) )

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• Lora wrote: "Okay, great! I have mentioned it to my fellow mods/mod assistants, we are waiting on Jessica (who is a very busy girl!). She is the only one I believe who can do it because she is the head honcho ..."

Thanks so much Lora!

message 10: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
I did a little something to help with the current week :p

message 11: by Anja (new)

Anja (thesofa) | 86 comments A change that I would love would be the progress threads opening sooner in the week. So far they were opened during the last days of the weekly task and by that time I usually have finished the book for that task several days ago already so the progress threads are "useless" for me ;D

message 12: by Lora (new)

Lora (misplacedselchie) | 347 comments Anja wrote: "A change that I would love would be the progress threads opening sooner in the week..."

Anja, that is also a great idea. We have so many members and everyone goes at such different speeds, that I think we sometimes forget about the quick ones. What if we open up a progress discussion somewhere around 3-4 days in, about halwayf.

Zaz wrote: "I did a little something to help with the current week :p"

Ahh Zaz that is clever! I wish I would have thought of that!

message 13: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Haha, if someone reminds me to create the progress topic, I will do it before wednesday! If not, I'm all about "oh, we're wednesday and Jessica didn't find time to open the progress topic... hmm... ok... I will do it". Not surprisingly, reading the answers is fun but creating the topic is not :p

Lora, it seems an easy way as I just had to edit the folder title and it looks well on computer and apps :)

message 14: by Anja (last edited Jan 30, 2015 12:20PM) (new)

Anja (thesofa) | 86 comments Lora wrote: "What if we open up a progress discussion somewhere around 3-4 days in, about halfway."
If I could decide it would be the beginning of the week - but I know that I'm a really fast reader ;)

message 15: by Cait (new)

Cait (clickcait) | 480 comments That's very nifty, Zaz.

I think Sunday/Monday is a good time of week for the progress posts because you're at that halfway point. :-)

.•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*•. Christine .•*¨`*•✿ ✿•*¨`*• Very cool Zaz! Thanks for making the identifier.

message 17: by Ana A (new)

Ana A (anabana_a) | 414 comments Another possibility is archiving the weeks we're done with. I think that moves those topics to the bottom of the page, but still lets people comment on it for those who're reading out of order or are late. But I'm not entirely sure. That's what I saw in other groups. :)

message 18: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (pagelady) | 155 comments Great idea, Ana :)