Ilyon Chronicles discussion

General > Fireside Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,070 (2070 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 41 42

message 1: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Knight (jayelknight) | 382 comments Mod
Come take a seat around the fire (and grab a slice of pizza while you're at it! :D). Here we can carry out all the fun conversations that would otherwise derail the other topics. ;)

message 2: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments I brought marshmallows!!

Okay, yes, what were we talking about ... Um. Everyone, you won't regret reading TKS. It is amazing. But it will require chocolate in the middle.

Ooh, chocolate, that reminds me. *pulls out graham crackers and chocolate bars as well.* S'mores, anyone?

message 3: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments *takes two slices of pizza and some marshmallows*

Only, I'm afraid I won't be able read TKS till September and I don't keep chocolate around so... We'll see.

*takes S'mores* Thank you. I brought hotdogs.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments *Takes a couple of slices of pizza and sits down*
@Kendra, I totally agree, it requires chocolate. A lot of chocolate. :)

message 5: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments Heavy duty chocolate. I had some Milk Chocolate Butter Toffee Macedonia nuts that got me through ... certain scenes.

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments I ship Trask and Anne. I named it Traskanne. If someone else has a better shipping name, please let me know!

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Grace (katiegracewrite) | 73 comments Oh dear, Stargazer. Why do you have to wait so long?

message 8: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments Tranne maybe? Annask (ooh, I like that one) ...

Although, confession here, I didn't really connect with Trask and Anne when I read the first book. Their story was interesting, and despite the fact that I got Trask when I got the "which character are you" quiz, it wasn't until I learned he was based on Robin Hood that he became one of my favorite characters. Robin Hood makes everything awesome, you know.

message 9: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments @Alex: AWESOME! Traskanne! I love it. ^_^

@Katie: Because I have no money and that's when my birthday is. So...Yeah. ;)
(I got Resistance for my last birthday, so Jaye can keep me going till I'm. . .twenty. O____O That is a horrible thought. Never mind.)

message 10: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments (Note to self: Always reload the page before you post.)

@Kendra: I like Annask too, but I think Traskanne is still my favorite.
I loved Trask like before I knew his name. XD I met him and was like "I don't know who you are but I love you". I really liked Lady Anne too. I didn't even know he was based on Robin Hood but I thought of Robin Hood while I was reading it.
YES. Robin Hood makes everything awesome.
I LOVE TRASK. <3

message 11: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments There are just so many great characters in Ilyon! So hard to pick favorites and to connect with all of them, but that's what rereading's for ... (something I unfortunately rarely have time to do.)

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments Kendra wrote: "There are just so many great characters in Ilyon! So hard to pick favorites and to connect with all of them, but that's what rereading's for ... (something I unfortunately rarely have time to do.)"

I totally agree! The list of characters I love (and characters in general) goes on and on... But my absolute favorite is Jace.

message 13: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments I DREAMED ABOUT KYRIN AND JACE LAST NIGHT.
Only, I don't remember what it was about. :( But I dreamed about them!

@Kendra: I know! All the awesome characters!

message 14: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 341 comments I had an Ilyon inspired dream once too. I think I was in the palace, and I was Kyrin. I remember a great big library, and I was in danger, and I had to get out...by climbing up some bell rope and then climbing down the outside of the palace. I think there was something about getting to camp, or maybe the Landale group was out in the woods or something. But I'm pretty sure I knew I needed to get to Jace. It was interesting.

It is too hard to pick favorites. Jace and Kyrin are pretty top, though.

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments Stargazer wrote: "I DREAMED ABOUT KYRIN AND JACE LAST NIGHT.
Only, I don't remember what it was about. :( But I dreamed about them!

@Kendra: I know! All the awesome characters!"

That is epic!!!!!

message 16: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) | 55 comments I couldn't let the day go by without saying this. Not to make y'all jealous, but just because it was a fun day.

I GOT TO MEET THE AUTHOR TODAY!!!! ^_^

message 17: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 341 comments JEALOUS!

message 18: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments Eep! How exciting!

message 19: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) | 55 comments It was. The only bad part (slash good part) is we didn't get a picture. So now we have to meet again sometime. *exaggerated sigh* ;)

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments Faith wrote: "I couldn't let the day go by without saying this. Not to make y'all jealous, but just because it was a fun day.

I GOT TO MEET THE AUTHOR TODAY!!!! ^_^"

I am so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

message 21: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments Hey everyone, since it's Valentines day I'm taking the opportunity to say: I love y'all and it's so fun hanging out with you on here and getting to know you! :)

Also, I wonder if Jace and Kyrin have "plans" for today. XD

@Faith: THAT IS AWESOME.

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments Stargazer wrote: "Hey everyone, since it's Valentines day I'm taking the opportunity to say: I love y'all and it's so fun hanging out with you on here and getting to know you! :)

Also, I wonder if Jace and Kyrin ha..."

I wonder......

message 23: by Jaye (new)

*strings colored lanterns and streamers in the trees around our little campfire clearing and rolls out a table full of cake and other party food*

The King's Scrolls release day has arrived!! :D It feels like my birthday and Christmas rolled into one. I can't believe it's here already. And it feels totally different from the release of Resistance since I wasn't even home on that day (I was away for my brother's college graduation). I also didn't have all of you to celebrate with. :D

message 24: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments Mm, cake. And congratulations on the release!!! Release days are always such fun!

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 22 comments Huzzah for the release! :D

message 26: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 341 comments Yippee! Congratulations!

message 27: by Shantelle (new)

Shantelle | 62 comments Yay!! Happy day!! :) :)

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie Grace (katiegracewrite) | 73 comments *brings some cookies to share* *hands one to Jace*
Eep! I'm so excited for you, Jaye. :D I hope everything will be a huge success!

message 29: by Micailah (new)

Micailah | 144 comments Yay! I woke up this morning, went outside and it looked like God had sprinkled the earth with glitter, the snow was so magnificent. Everyone's celebrating today!:D
I am so excited. *grabs cake and a cookie* Now if only I didn't have to wait for my Amazon order to bring me the Scrolls!:)

message 30: by Madison (new)

Madison W | 65 comments Yayayay! Congrats, Jaye!! :D Can't wait to read it!! Sorry I haven't been around much :/ *shyly takes a seat and snacks on a cookie*
Today, I was listening to a lecture that had to do with persecution and the Roman empire, so I thought of Ilyon of course ;) And then started coming up with various situations/scenes with the characters X)

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie Grace (katiegracewrite) | 73 comments So, Jaye? *sits on a log by the campfire, chin in hands* How did the first day of the release go? :D

message 32: by Jaye (last edited Feb 18, 2015 07:16AM) (new)

I'm happy to announce that it was my most successful release ever! :D Look at the sales ranking after just one day! Thank you all SO much for being a part of it!

photo TKSReleaseStats_zpsdc1c7a29.jpg

message 33: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments *just read about certain things in TKS*

*Staggers into camp*
*falls over*
Mmmf.
*turns head so I can sort of talk*
Help.

message 34: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments *Rushes over with emergency chocolate*

message 35: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 341 comments It's gonna be okay. Eventually. Sort of.

message 36: by Katie (new)

Katie Grace (katiegracewrite) | 73 comments Oh dear. *brings cookies*
...Yeah. Oh dear.

message 37: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 64 comments *hugs* I know. Have some hot chocolate.

message 38: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments *sits up and looks at all your kind offerings*

Thanks, but I couldn't even eat lunch I was so stressed out by reading. . .So, yeah. But it's virtual, so, *munches*

You guys are so nice. :)

Morgan wrote: "It's gonna be okay. Eventually. Sort of."
I don't really believe that. :P I think it's already lost a star. . .But we shall see.

Katie wrote: "Oh dear. *brings cookies*
...Yeah. Oh dear."

"Oh dear" is putting it mildly. I AM SO UPSET. *sobs* (Thankfully not literal sobs or more than one star would be at stake.)

I'm a mess. XD

message 39: by Madison (new)

Madison W | 65 comments O-O *offers Star her favorite hot beverage* I haven't even started on TKS yet...I have to get the book first. You're making me nervous...XP Want a virtual hug? :P

message 40: by Claire (new)

Claire Banschbach Aww! It's OK. My younger siblings are reading it right now, so they'll most likely be going through various versions of this.

Sadly, I think most of the events were necessary. I had to cuddle with our puppy while reading to get through it though. lol!

message 41: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 341 comments They were necessary. So yeah, it's terrible, but there's really no way around it.

message 42: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments Madison wrote: "O-O *offers Star her favorite hot beverage* I haven't even started on TKS yet...I have to get the book first. You're making me nervous...XP Want a virtual hug? :P"

*takes hot mint tea and puts ice-cubes in it* Sorry. XD *takes hug* Thanks.

I'm trying to keep it spoiler-free in here, BUT GUYS HOW COULD JAYE *DO* THIS TO US?

message 43: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 341 comments If you want to speak openly, you could take it to the TKS thread. It has spoiler warnings all over the title. Then maybe we could console you better. :)

message 44: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments She tried her utmost to NOT do it - I have her word of honor. The story just wouldn't have worked without it, and it wouldn't have been realistic for them to always avoid ... what happened. But still!

I take comfort in the knowledge that it must have been 10x harder for Jaye to write it than for us to read it.

message 45: by Shantelle (new)

Shantelle | 62 comments Stargazer wrote: "*just read about certain things in TKS*

*Staggers into camp*
*falls over*
Mmmf.
*turns head so I can sort of talk*
Help."

Oh dear, I feel your pain!! Hopefully you ate the emergency chocolate... that always helps once the shock wears off!

message 46: by Madison (new)

Madison W | 65 comments *takes hot mint tea and puts ice-cubes in it* Sorry. XD *takes hug* Thanks.

XD haha. *hugs back* No problemo! Maybe you can give me a reassuring virtual hug whenever I start reading...XPXP

message 47: by Jaye (new)

I AM SO SORRY!! I'm sure it makes no difference at all, but I actually cried (as in real tears and quiet sobs) every time I worked on the book. I hurt too. :( I wanted to change it! I really did! But the story wouldn't let me. :/

message 48: by Madison (new)

Madison W | 65 comments I love the picture of Trev from the interview! :D I had actually always imagined him to have black hair and be younger, but I think the picture suits him! Ah Trev, I think he's overlooked... ;)

message 49: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments Kendra wrote: "She tried her utmost to NOT do it - I have her word of honor. The story just wouldn't have worked without it, and it wouldn't have been realistic for them to always avoid ... what happened. But sti..."

I think 80% of dead characters in books are killed by the words "wouldn't have been realistic otherwise". It's FANTASY for crying out loud. *sigh* I'm alone in a world of character graves. :P (You'll notice character killing is like my biggest annoyance.)

Jaye wrote: "I AM SO SORRY!! I'm sure it makes no difference at all, but I actually cried (as in real tears and quiet sobs) every time I worked on the book. I hurt too. :( I wanted to change it! I really did! B..."

As a writer who has promised never to kill off any characters, and who has complete control over her stories, I'm afraid I don't understand. But I'm sorry it made you cry. :(
If I'm coming across as blunt here, I'm sorry, but being against character killing is like my deepest passion when it comes to fiction. :P
I finished TKS though! :D

Madison wrote: "XD haha. *hugs back* No problemo! Maybe you can give me a reassuring virtual hug whenever I start reading...XPXP"
Haha! I don't know why I don't like hot drinks. . .maybe because it's hot where I live. I'll have lots of virtual hugs waiting for you when you start. ;)

Thanks for the support and hugs and food guys! I'm "better" now. XD Sorry for being such a mess, but at least you guys understand. ;)

message 50: by Madison (new)

Madison W | 65 comments -Haha! I don't know why I don't like hot drinks. . .maybe because it's hot where I live. I'll have lots of virtual hugs waiting for you when you start. ;) -

Ha, I can understand that! ;D Hot drinks have to be the right temp in order for me to really enjoy them - but not so hot that it burns my tongue and/or mouth, but then it can't be cold/lukewarmish :P Ok, thanks! I'm dying to get started but I have to wait a bit :P I've read all of the Amazon preview chapters...need more...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 41 42