College Students! discussion

Reading Goals/ Challenges > Spring/Summer 2015 Task Ideas

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
The Spring/Summer Challenge will begin April 1st 2015 and end August 31st 2015 It is time to get ideas for challenge tasks. Post your ideas for one or two books tasks and let us know which of the other ideas you really like.

For inspiration, feel free to look through past challenges to see what has been done, or look at challenges from other groups. Thanks for the ideas!

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) April Showers Bring May Flowers: Read a book with rain or an umbrella on the cover or has "Rain" or "Umbrella" in the title, then read a book that has a flower on the cover or has "Flower" in the title.

message 3: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
That sounds like a fun one Kayla.

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 250 comments Spring cleaning: finish/make progress on/re-read a series you want to clear off your tbr shelf. (2 book challenge) For example I've been wanting to read the Throne of Glass series up to the last published novel for the publication of the next one this year. And I've got two books (Valour & Vanity and Of Noble Family - pub. 4/28) left of the Shades of Milk and Honey series (Glamorist Histories series) which I've been reading since the first one was published.

Or have a category to finish or start and/or read two of a series that is concluding this year/during the challenge or is publishing a second or third or... installement (example: Of Noble Family (Glamorist Histories, #5 & final) by Mary Robinette Kowal - published in April; The World Forgot (3rd & final Ever Expanding Universe Trilogy) by Martin Leicht & Isla Neal - published in April; Lair of Dreams (Diviners, #2) by Libba Bray - published in July; Dry Bones (Walt Longmire Mystery, #11) by Craig Johnson - published in May; Dangerous Deception (Dangerous Creatures, #2) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl - published in May).

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

May the 4th Be With You: May 4th is Star Wars Day!!
A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away....
2 book challenge:
Read a book that takes place in the past.
AND
Read a book that takes place far away from where you live.

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) You could do some with holidays.
St. Patrick's Day - read a book with a green cover or is about luck. Read a book where the main character is lucky.
July 4th - read a book where two characters have a "spark" or fireworks on the cover or in the book.
Summer Vacation - Read a book where someone takes a vacation or is located on the beach.
Summer Study Abroad - Read a book where the main character takes a trip to another country or tries to learn another language.
Mother's Day - Read a book that has "Mom" or "Mother" in the title. Read a book where someone is a mom or is going to be a mom.
Father's Day - Read a book that has "Dad" or "Father" in the title. Read a book where someone is a dad or is going to be a dad.
April Fools Day - Read a book where one of the characters is a class clown or plays jokes on others.
Easter - Read a book with an egg or basket on the cover. Read a book where the main character celebrates Easter.
Earth Day - Read a book with a tree, Earth, flowers or grass is on the cover. Read a book where the main character is environmentally friendly.
Flag Day - Read a book with a flag on the cover.
Memorial Day - Read a book about a war or mentions a war. Read a book about soldiers or has soldiers in it. Read a book that has a veteran of a war in it.
Cinco de Mayo - Read a book where someone speaks Spanish or is from Mexico or goes to Mexico.

These are only a few ideas. Obviously, the descriptions could be different, but it may be easy to just use some holidays or well known days in the Spring and Summer.

Nina ✿ Looseleaf Reviews ✿ (looseleafreviews) - One with based on a number, say "Read the 5th book of a series."
- Read a book that has a movie and/or tv adaptation that is being produced during the challenge.
- "Day At the Beach" or something of that nature, read a book that has a beach on the cover or takes place at a beach.

I love all of the ones that have been mentioned already...haha. I especially like Kelly's "Spring Cleaning."

message 8: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Still working on finalizing the challenge, should be up this afternoon, or tomorrow morning.

Rebecca (pagescollective) Kelly wrote: "Spring cleaning: finish/make progress on/re-read a series you want to clear off your tbr shelf. (2 book challenge) For example I've been wanting to read the Throne of Glass series up to the last pu..."

I quite like this idea! I have some series I need to read/finish.