Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author Issue

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Preston (new)

Preston | 21 comments Please delete Nick Pageant Boo as an author. Nick Pageant is an existing author and Boo! is one of his books already listed among his books.

message 2: by Paula (last edited Jan 27, 2015 12:02PM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Empty author profiles are left and a script will delete them when it is run

message 3: by Preston (new)

Preston | 21 comments How often does the script run? No big deal. Just curious.

message 4: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Nobody seems to know.

message 5: by Preston (new)

Preston | 21 comments Thanks. In the meantime Boo!

message 6: by Yak (new)

Yak (korero) | 4 comments Been waiting a couple of weeks for the follwoing profile to disappear.
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Is there some reason why it hasn't gone yet?

message 7: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments The ways of the empty profile deletion script are a mystery to us all.

message 8: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #6 - Also being empty it is not like it is hurting anything. People pretty much cannot even find it unless they have a link to it.

message 9: by Gemma (last edited Jan 28, 2015 10:26AM) (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 6 comments I can't edit my own author profile and change the name, instead it keeps creating a new profile which I can't edit. It's now adding that other profile to my book, when all I want to do is alter my current one Faye Cross. I've contacted goodreads to sort that out but could you please delete the author profile Gemma Newey and remove the name from my books please ... Blood And Rain and Essence of a Dark Soul

Thank you!

message 10: by Philip (last edited Jan 28, 2015 11:02AM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #9 - I believe Rivka made a response to this in another thread.

Since, books have been released under that name the profile cannot be removed, and it must stay attached to books that were published with it.

Plus since Rivka is Staff, I am not going to go against were she added the name to those books.

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42415 comments Mod
Faye/Gemma, as has been previously explained, Goodreads policy is to keep all published editions of a work, even ones that are now out of print. We therefore also keep as the primary author on all editions the original name under which a book was published. So all books originally published under Faye Cross must have that name as the first listed author on all editions. Newer editions with Gemma Newey on the cover have had that name added as the second author, which is also as per Goodreads policy.

If you wish, your login can be moved from the Faye Cross author profile to the Gemma Newey author profile. But the older covers will not be removed and the Faye Cross author profile will remain (but would then no longer be your login).

message 12: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 6 comments rivka wrote: "Faye/Gemma, as has been previously explained, Goodreads policy is to keep all published editions of a work, even ones that are now out of print. We therefore also keep as the primary author on all ..."

Im sorry but I have checked and I should be able to change my author name on my account, which I cant do. Im happy for goodreads to create another author account for faye cross with minimal information on it but I want to be able to keep my current profile and just change the name. Im not updating all that information again and getting people to follow my blog and other feeds, etc from my old author account to a new one, that is way too much trouble and a little unfair to us authors ... considering authors are the ones that keep goodreads going with our books.

message 13: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Feb 02, 2015 04:47PM) (new)

rivka | 42415 comments Mod
I'm a bit confused. Do you want me to move your login from the Faye Cross author profile to the Gemma Newey author profile or not? I can move over the blog feed as well, if you like.

Again, Goodreads policy is not to delete out-of-print editions, and all editions of books originally published under Faye Cross will need to keep that name as the first-listed author of the book.

message 14: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Newey (GemmaNewey) | 6 comments rivka wrote: "I'm a bit confused. Do you want me to move your login from the Faye Cross author profile to the Gemma Newey author profile or not? I can move over the blog feed as well, if you like.

Again, Goodre..."

No I dont, I just want to change my author name! I don't want a brand new author profile .... I KNOW that Faye cross will need to remain on the original additions ... What I saying is why can't a different profile be opened with my old author Name, instead of my losing my followers, and all that I've put on my current account profile? I don't get why this is so difficult to do, as I'm not asking for a lot as an author. Just give me the ability to change my name on my author account from Fate Cross to Gemma Newey. I don't want a new author profile, I just want to change the one I have not create another one!

message 15: by Carlos (new)

Carlos | 2 comments My name is missing as co-author of the book "Mecanica de Medis Continus Per a Enginyers" edited by Edicions UPC. Only appears the first author, Xavier Oliver Olivella. Please add also my name as second author, Carlos Agelet de Saracibar Bosch.

Language of the above edition is catalan. In the spanish edition of the book, called Mecánica de Medios Continuos para Ingenieros" (it has been edited by Alfaomega, as it appears in Goodreads, but also by Edicions UPC), there is a mistake in the name of the first author, while I am correctly included as second author. The first author should be Xavier Oliver Olivella, and the second one Carlos Agelet de Saracibar Bosch.

Yesterday I had apply for linking my Goodreads profile to the author's profile of this book. Please find here also, as additional information, my personal blogsite:
http://ageletdesaracibar.blogspot.com...

Thanks in advance!
Carlos

message 16: by Mohamed (new)

Mohamed Yosri (yosri) Author in foreign language will definitely feel stronger on this issues. Beside, nobody going to bother to synchronized things between different profile.

message 17: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20167 comments #15 added you as co-author, changed language to Catalan
Added the other author to the Spanish edition.
Combined both books.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...

Next time, please add a link to the book on Goodreads. They were difficult to find without an ISBN.

message 18: by Carlos (new)

Carlos | 2 comments Arenda wrote: "#15 added you as co-author, changed language to Catalan
Added the other author to the Spanish edition.
Combined both books.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...-..."

Thanks! :)