Fringe Fiction discussion

Fringe Fiction General Chat > Posting to Random Walls

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wren (new)

Wren Figueiro | 216 comments Just thought this was odd and wondered if it happened to anyone else recently. Some random author posted to my FB author wall with her young son's gaming FB page and then hers. She started the post with "gotcha". No clue why she got me, unless she's checking people off a list? I found it quite strange. I can't imagine posting to someone's wall about that stuff unless it's a blog about that subject in particular. Would you?

message 2: by Renee E (new)

Renee E | 395 comments No, I wouldn't and I might well flag it.

message 3: by J.S. (new)

J.S. (jsedge) | 369 comments Yeah, my hubby has folk posting random stuff similar to that sometimes on his business page. He flags em. Dunno why they do it. If they think it's promoting themselves effectively, they're sorely mistaken :/

message 4: by Jennifer (last edited Jan 27, 2015 10:51AM) (new)

Jennifer McDonald (JenMcDonald) | 162 comments Gotcha? That's weirdly hilarious. Some people have a lot of nerve.

message 5: by J.S. (new)

J.S. (jsedge) | 369 comments I would suggest clicking their link and posting your own page there saying 'Gotcha back!' but no, wouldn't rec you clicking their link.

message 6: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) Yeah, flag it. I've been using FB for a long time now, and the only way to keep the site clean is to flag random trolls like that one. Report and delete. These random posts are usually caused by four things:

1) Troll pranking pages for no reason. Boredom, perhaps.

2) Spambots, small programs designed to post crap on pages/blogs when they've been inactive for a while. Similar to email spam.

3) Blatant self-promos from people who either are unware they're spamming or do it on purpose. Sad, really.

4) Accidental post meant for another page.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez | 1720 comments i usually see stuff like that on pages that are known to get a decent amount of activity. Kind of the shameless self promotion that Goodreads has, only Facebook style. just do as everyone else is saying, flag it and move on

message 8: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 1398 comments Mod
On a simolar note, I was once a part of a site that had a add your page and like return the favor by adding others pages. The problem I found was it was suppose to be for authors and yet out of the 40 posts, 20 were of weight loss fb pages, ambulance driving and nursing tips and a whole bunch of odd ball pages. I kept thinking why should I add pages I'm not even interested just so I can add mine or reach a quota?