The Bookworm Challenge discussion

GETTING TO KNOW THE WORMS > IF YOU WERE INVISIBLE, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mathew, Point giver (new)

Mathew Smith | 185 comments Mod
I like to ponder this question on my spare time - What would you do if you were invisible?

message 2: by Mathew, Point giver (new)

I think I would just listen to other people's conversations.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 379 comments Probably get run over by a car.

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie-somanybooks) | 658 comments Mod
I would observe animals in the wild, assuming that I was also scent-invisible... Am I over-thinking this one?

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 379 comments Oooh, nice idea, Stephanie! Yeah, you'd definitely have to be scentless, too, and very good at being still and quiet. But it would help.

Maybe I'd just use it to vanish when everyone is looking for me to fix dinner.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie-somanybooks) | 658 comments Mod
You would also save a lot of money not having to buy clothes.

Or would you want to have clothes so people COULD see you and also to keep you warm and protect your feet, etc...?

I think I would also play tricks on people and spy on my kids.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 379 comments Yes, I was wondering about the logistics. Would your clothes be invisible too? Or would you have to strip down to avoid being seen? And do invisible people get cold?

message 8: by Mathew, Point giver (new)

Wow, didn't even think about not wearing clothes! I'm still stuck in a 10 year old brain. I used to think about this question when I was a kid, as I would fall asleep at night. Back then I envisioned myself going to the corner store and taking a bunch of candy without being seen.

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 379 comments Really? You didn't ever even get to the 14-year-old brain that uses invisibility to visit the girls' locker room?

message 10: by Mathew, Point giver (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Really? You didn't ever even get to the 14-year-old brain that uses invisibility to visit the girls' locker room?"

No comment.

message 11: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 260 comments Oooo the possibilities are endless but I would defintiely get up to mischief and use my invisibility to scare people...but in a nice way...mostly!

message 12: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Carruthers | 72 comments This greatly depends on the nature of the invisibility. Is it innate ability or is it an item that renders one invisible? If it is my person alone that is invisible and not my clothing or gear, then the answer would be drastically different than otherwise - I'd probably just visit nude beaches and sneak into movies and museums without paying. If there is some item that renders me and my gear invisible (magic ring or cloak, techno-gadgetry) - then I'd probably go into covert ops, bounty hunting, maybe rob a criminal enterprise or two.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 205 comments How has nobody said "i would just watch you in your room" lol??

Id probably hjust go wandering into all the places youre not supposed to. Or stay late in museums and such!