Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

Leaving Time
This topic is about Leaving Time
Leaving Time > Do You Read JODI PICOULT?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brantford Public Library | 453 comments Mod
Jodi Picoult has written many successful books. The titles she is most loved for tend to be centered around social issues and often end up in litigation. Leaving Time was a departure from what her fans have come to expect from her.

Have you read Jodi Picoult in the past? If so, what titles have you liked the best? In comparison, did you feel Leaving Time met her usual standards?

For those that have not read any of Picoult's work before...what was your first impression after reading Leaving Time? Would you pick up another novel by this author?

Anna (iudita) | 450 comments The only other title I have read by Jodi Picoult was The Storyteller which I enjoyed very much. It is one of those stories that has a present day and a historical story line. I didn't care for Leaving Time as much as The Storyteller but I'm still glad I read it. It was worth my reading time and I like a book that makes me think which this one certainly did at the end.

message 3: by Karen (last edited Jan 29, 2015 07:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karen (karen1278) | 428 comments I haven't read any other titles by her...just the bpl bookclub selection.

message 4: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kdrury) | 112 comments I have read a few of her titles. Some I've stayed away from as I don't think I could handle the topic, for example, My Sister's Keeper. However I have read a few of her others and I think that The Plain Truth is brilliant.

Liana Grace (lianagrace) | 26 comments I loved the Storyteller and My Sister's Keeper, however House Rules become way too tedious. It was a decent novel but could have been written 200 pages shorter.