Ilyon Chronicles discussion

Ilyon Characters > Cretes

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Knight (jayelknight) | 382 comments Mod
Here we can discuss the various crete characters in the series, which happen to be some of my favorites.

WARNING! Will contain spoilers if you haven't read The King's Scrolls yet.

message 2: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 538 comments At the moment, the Cretes are my favorite race in Ilyon, and if I don't pass my hobbit entrance exam, I'm going to try out for them. I adore dragons, and I could totally see myself living in a tree (and I'm short). The whole don't talk to strangers thing is a setback, but I'm sure I could work around it. Tallas, Timothy, and Aaron are sweet.

message 3: by Jaye (new)

I think cretes are my favorite race too. I'd want to live with them. I've always dreamed of living in a tree house. And I would want Talas to be my best friend. His character is so much fun. He's one of those characters I really knew nothing about, but he totally took over from the first page.

message 4: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 538 comments Those characters are always such fun to work with. Hello character, here is your name now spill your secrets. (Occasionally followed by ... Oh, that name doesn't work for you anymore. What shall I rename you!)

message 5: by Claire (new)

Claire Banschbach I really like the Cretes. They are fascinating. I especially love Talas!! Although I'm with Jace on the height thing. You wouldn't catch me sleeping up in a tree! lol!

message 6: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 538 comments I wish I had a hammock, and I would sleep in one if I did. If I lived where trees were more conducive to climbing, you couldn't keep me on the ground. (I live in the middle of the piney woods).

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (alea_harper) | 59 comments I think that the cretes are so interesting and unlike any fantasy race I have ever seen. I love them!!!!

message 8: by Jaye (new)

Wait til you get to see one of their cities! Because, of course, I couldn't not have one of their cities in the series. :)

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (alea_harper) | 59 comments Jaye wrote: "Wait til you get to see one of their cities! Because, of course, I couldn't not have one of their cities in the series. :)"

YAY! You are the best! Thank you so much, Jaye!

message 10: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 538 comments Oh, fun! Am I going to want to move in?

(And, side not here, my current headcannon is that Kaden is going to end up with a Crete girl. It'd just be so perfect, you know ...)

message 11: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 538 comments (Wait, hang on ... doesn't Tallas have a younger sister who shares his more friendly, open personality? Headcannon expands.)

message 12: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 340 comments Headcanon accepted. :)

message 13: by Jaye (new)

Everyone should go and see the drawing Hannah did of Talas and Leetra as children. I just about squealed when I saw it. :D It's the first one on the fan art page. http://ilyonchronicles.blogspot.com/p...

message 14: by Shantelle (new)

Shantelle | 62 comments :D Awesome!

message 15: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 538 comments I love it! "Talas, go away, I'm trying to read here."

message 16: by H.S.J. (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 109 comments Thanks, Jaye! :D

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (alea_harper) | 59 comments Jaye wrote: "Everyone should go and see the drawing Hannah did of Talas and Leetra as children. I just about squealed when I saw it. :D It's the first one on the fan art page. http://ilyonchronicles.blogspot.co..."

That. Is. Amazing.

message 18: by Jaye (new)

I want to snatch the dragon out of the picture and make it my own. :)

message 19: by Micailah (new)

Micailah | 144 comments Alea wrote: "Jaye wrote: "Everyone should go and see the drawing Hannah did of Talas and Leetra as children. I just about squealed when I saw it. :D It's the first one on the fan art page. http://ilyonchronicle..."

I just saw it!!! Oh my goodness, Hannah your amazing, simply amazing. I love it!!!!:)

message 20: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 555 comments I love the cretes! They're so cool. I can't wait to see their place!

Jaye wrote: "Everyone should go and see the drawing Hannah did of Talas and Leetra as children. I just about squealed when I saw it. :D It's the first one on the fan art page. http://ilyonchronicles.blogspot.co..."

:O Is drawing Talas and his dragon a thing or something? I drew Talas and Storm the day after I finished TKS. (Which I'll send in as soon as my sister scans it in for me.)

HANNAH THAT IS THE MOST ADORABLE AWESOME DRAWING EVER!!! :D <3

message 21: by A.L. (new)

A.L. Buehrer Just saying, if I had to try to sleep in a hammock twenty feet above the ground, I would probably only sleep a few hours a night too.

message 22: by Brie (new)

Brie Donning (briedonning) | 199 comments :)

message 23: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 538 comments ACTUAL CRETE VILLAGE IN EXILES SNIPPET! somebody pinch me.