Amazon Kindle & Fire discussion

General > Text to speech

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (zolaone) | 8 comments I did not know about the text to speech feature, until a few weeks ago. The speech is fairly good, but not as good as having a great narrator. Some words are mispronounced. I like the text to speech feature when my eyes are tired, and I'm tired. I play a book when I'm in bed, or sitting in a comfortable chair. I can use this feature on any book, and I can read along with the text.

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane (dcl55) | 3 comments I have a Kindle Fire and have not understood how to work the text to speech for books.

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (zolaone) | 8 comments I tried to go back to the place I found the text to speech option, and I can't find it. When you see that option, there is a box to click. Then you go to the bottom of your screen, when you want to use that option. Click the arrow, and the sound will start. If you bump the kindle, the sound might go off, so just stabilize the kindle, and click again. Some of the words don't come out correctly, some words are pronounced differently, depending on the context, so the machine can't tell the difference. You can read a long as well.

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane (dcl55) | 3 comments I remember I had tried to use text to speech right after I bought my Kindle, and there was a problem or I needed an update to use the feature. I have even searched for apps which would enable the text to speech, like Moon-Reader Pro.
I will try to find the setting again on the Kindle.
Thank you so much. Diane