2015 A-Z 'Deuces Wild ' Reading Challenge of African American Authors discussion

2015 Discussion > I Heart this character

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sidne (last edited Jan 26, 2015 04:03AM) (new)

Sidne (SidneReadz) | 332 comments Mod
Name the character who gained your heart from the LAST novel you read. state the name of the novel too.

message 2: by Sidne (last edited Jan 26, 2015 05:55PM) (new)

My heart character is Alisha, the youngest of the daughters from the novel Delilah Daughters.
She was thoughtful amidst the trials she and her family were struggling through even when a family secret directly involving her came to surface, she still remained level headed and thoughtful.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 55 comments I heart character Trice in Wife Extraordinaire Reloaded part3 by KiKi Swinson. Trice has been thru so much. She has lost her unborn child due to the fact of her husband trying to kill her. Her sister is killed on the account of someone trying to kill Trice and she now has to deal with the family blaming her for the death of her sister.

message 4: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (ahsatan82) | 288 comments I heart the character Christian in The Ties That Bind. He had a rough time growing up, losing his brother, mother and not having a father. Even though his best friend's family took him in and treated his as their own he'd always feel the loss. And then when he unexpectedly found love it put him in a rough spot where he felt like he couldn't act on it. He was so caring for that one special woman despite her not being his.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (chocalickbrown) | 32 comments Big Booty: A Novel Big Booty A Novel by Cairo
I am reading Big Booty by Cairo. The main character's name is...Big Booty.. I have been lmao since page 1. This is ratchet funny humor... Lots of scandalous sex scenes but the dialogue is what has me covering my mouth and clutching my pearls.

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (chocalickbrown) | 32 comments Natasha wrote: "I heart the character Christian in The Ties That Bind. He had a rough time growing up, losing his brother, mother and not having a father. Even though his best friend's family took him in and trea..."
Love Love Love Love Christian....

message 7: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (chocalickbrown) | 32 comments Ashley wrote: "I heart character Trice in Wife Extraordinaire Reloaded part3 by KiKi Swinson. Trice has been thru so much. She has lost her unborn child due to the fact of her husband trying to kill her. Her sist..."
I loved this series... waiting for book 4. hated how parts of it went tho...sniff

message 8: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (ahsatan82) | 288 comments There's going to be a part 4?!?! I need to read 3 lol

message 9: by Glenda (new)

Glenda (lene18) | 21 comments I heart Ptolemy Grey in The Last Dys of Ptolemy Grey. He is a 91 year old with dementia who desperately wants to remember, so he can help his family and fulfill a promise.

message 10: by Sidne (new)

Glenda wrote: "I heart Ptolemy Grey in The Last Dys of Ptolemy Grey. He is a 91 year old with dementia who desperately wants to remember, so he can help his family and fulfill a promise."

I think i have this novel. might have to pull it out.

message 11: by Bryan R. (new)

Bryan R. (bryanradams) | 124 comments I'm not sure if I loved any character in that last novel, Home by Toni Morrison, but if I had to choose then the main character, Frank Money, would be it. A vet from the Korean War, who has the occasional violent episode, because of all he saw over there, has quite the loyalty to his sister. The book is really about him getting back to Georgia to take care of her (and ultimately save her life).

message 12: by India (new)

India Jones-Tanner | 40 comments Kiam in Trust No Bitch by Nene Capri and Ca$h

message 13: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (chocalickbrown) | 32 comments India wrote: "Kiam in Trust No Bitch by Nene Capri and Ca$h"

YES INDIA YES...dats my BOO!!!!

message 14: by India (new)

India Jones-Tanner | 40 comments I'm warming up to his arrogant self.

message 15: by Me'Tova (new)

Me'Tova Hollingsworth - Bethley (hollinms) | 63 comments Kayson in The Pussy Trap Series, Damon Whitmore in the Love, Lies and Lust Series & X in Deja series.

2015 A-Z 'Deuces Wild ' Reading Challenge of...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Big Booty (other topics)