2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

John Dies at the End (John Dies at the End, #1)
This topic is about John Dies at the End
. Week 8: Funny Book > John Dies at the End by David Wong

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Jimenez (whispering_lilac) | 70 comments Had to mix a little bit of funny with a little bit of horror (my favorite genre)! I'm sure to like this one.

message 2: by Berit (new) - added it

Berit | 138 comments I'll read this one with you, never heard of it till I saw it here and then I did some investigating. It is way out of my comfort zone, but I'm gonna give it a try :-)I think reading it with somebody who's into this style will help.

message 3: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Jimenez (whispering_lilac) | 70 comments I'll be right with you Berit! I think we might be the only two on this journey though, lol.

message 4: by Berit (new) - added it

Berit | 138 comments Good to know :-)

Sophie (sawphie) A good friend of mine is reading this book, and loving it, but I never thought it could enter in the "funny book" category. Since it seems as funny=haha as funny=weird, I think I'll give it a try to talk about it with my friend!

message 6: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Jimenez (whispering_lilac) | 70 comments Sophie wrote: "A good friend of mine is reading this book, and loving it, but I never thought it could enter in the "funny book" category. Since it seems as funny=haha as funny=weird, I think I'll give it a try t..."

See, I love a sense of irony Sophie which is why I chose to go with weird humor, rather than typical humor. I haven't had a chance to pick up the book yet, I'm a bit behind, but I am definitely looking forward to it.

message 7: by Erica (new)

Erica | 214 comments I read this last year and loved it! So funny! There's a movie too, although I liked the book better. Enjoy!