2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH (Rats of NIMH, #1)
This topic is about Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
. Week 7: Nonhuman Characters > Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Allie Confession: The Rats of NIMH animated movie scared the jelly beans out of me. Nothing--seriously, nothing--could have forced me to read the book when I was a kid, but (several decades later) I'm pulling it out for this challenge.

Synopsis:
Mrs. Frisby, a widowed mouse with four small children, must move her family to their summer quarters immediately, or face almost certain death. But her youngest son, Timothy, lies ill with pneumonia and must not be moved. Fortunately, she encounters the rats of NIMH, an extraordinary breed of highly intelligent creatures, who come up with a brilliant solution to her dilemma.

Ana A (anabana_a) | 414 comments I've never seen the movie but I loved the book when I was a child.

Enjoy! :)

message 3: by Kirin (new)

Kirin One of my favourite movies when I was a kid. I really liked the book too. Happy reading!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I never knew it was a movie.

Jana One of my FAVORITE books as a child. I haven't read it as an adult. I am kind of afraid to, since I re-read one of my other favorites, "A Wrinkle in Time" and it didn't really hold up real well to my memories...

message 6: by Charity (new)

Charity (faeryrebel78) I've never read the book but I loved the cartoon when I was little.