Japanese Novel and Light Novel Book Club discussion

Resources > Resources

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly (new)

Aly I'm pretty new to Light Novels, so I figured this resource would be helpful to anyone else who is looking for current releases.

I recently found the site www.englishlightnovels.com. This site is helpful because the person who runs it posts when a new LN is released and where you can get it. I added my email to their mailing list, so I get an email every time a LN is published in English.

If anyone knows any helpful sites, maybe they can post them below?

message 2: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 1488 comments Mod
Moved this to General Discussion folder, since the LN folder is for book discussions. ;)

This is a pretty handy site. I like how it lists LNs that are similar.

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison | 125 comments I don't have an iPad and don't use Google Play store (I know, I know, I'm in the wrong century), but the English translations of the light novels from Impress QuickBooks ( http://englishlightnovels.com/2015/01... ) are available on Amazon.co.jp. Does anyone here know if books from Amazon Japan can be sent to/read on Kindles in America? I apologize if this is a bizarre question, but these books sound cool and I would like to read them.

message 4: by Fanta (new)

Fanta Miste | 473 comments Allison wrote: "I don't have an iPad and don't use Google Play store (I know, I know, I'm in the wrong century), but the English translations of the light novels from Impress QuickBooks ( http://englishlightnovels..."

Amazon Japan Help says that a customer in a country except Japan cannot buy Kindle books sold on Amazon.co.jp, even if he/she changes settings of location(country).
Though a Japanese blog introduce the way that you buy them, I wonder if it is supported by Amazon Japan.

message 5: by Allison (new)

Allison | 125 comments Fanta wrote: "Amazon Japan Help says that a customer in a country except Japan cannot buy Kindle books sold on Amazon.co.jp, even if he/she changes settings of location(country)."

Ah, okay, thanks for the help! ^^; I really appreciate it- I would have played around with it for hours in a futile attempt to make it work. I'll go with Google Play, then, and read them on my laptop. The three books are on sale for 2.50 each, which is a good price.