What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA/ Girl hidden in lab overhears plot to drug her lab partner [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jiji (last edited Jan 26, 2015 05:03AM) (new)

Jiji | 8 comments I'd like to finish this book but I can't remember the title or author: I started reading the book but only read the first few pages where the girl (high school i believe) is hidden in a class lab. Some girls walk in and detail how they are going to drug a guy during a party that night or the following night. The guy is very popular and is the girl's lab partner.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34449 comments Mod
Player by Laura DeLuca?

Jiji, is this a YA romance?

message 3: by Jiji (new)

Jiji | 8 comments Kris, thanks for your suggestion. I think the scene I remember was the beginning of the book and it is from the girls' POV. It is YA romance but probably not Player.

message 4: by Kris (new)

The short story "Bunsen Burner Bingo" by Penny Reid -- in the collection Breakaway by Ilsa Madden-Mills?

A full-length novel / continuation is expected this year: Elements of Chemistry by Penny Reid.

Jiji, when did you read this book?
Is it a full-length novel or a short story/novella?

message 5: by Jiji (new)

Jiji | 8 comments Yes Kris!! That's it. I couldn't remember if it was a novel or novella and couldn't remember the context in which I read it last year. But that's the story. I like everthing Penny Reid so I hope the full length novel is as good as her other books. Thanks!

message 6: by Kris (new)

You're welcome! And thanks for the author reco - I've added her "Love Hacked" to my TBR list. :)