Struggling Writers discussion

Writer's Corner > Build Up and Release

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephanieAllenCrist) | 9 comments I am about to release my first book, "Discovering Autism / Discovering Neurodiversity." I'm self-publishing this book, so I'm coordinating all the different services I'm using.

In theory, once the book is published things will escalate. There are more demands on the writer's time, including interviews and other marketing activities.

There's a lot of build up involved in launching a book. Everything needs to be coordinated so that the marketing, PR, and publication all line up.

The launch is supposed to be the release of all that pent up energy. A book is supposed to burst onto the scene and garner a lot of initial attention. That's how marketing works. Things keep rolling and escalating for 1-6 months, depending on how successful the book is and when the next book is released.

I know all this, as a marketer, and I've seen it in action. The only problem is that my book isn't even launched yet and I'm already TIRED!

Does anyone have any advice on how I can overcome this challenge?

message 2: by Renee E (new)

Renee E | 49 comments You may find that your "get it rolling" period is slower, like a semi working through the gears as it starts up.

Breathe.

message 3: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 601 comments Kaffee helps

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephanieAllenCrist) | 9 comments Renee wrote: "You may find that your "get it rolling" period is slower, like a semi working through the gears as it starts up.

Breathe."

Thanks. I am trying to work at the best pace I can. I just fear that it's not fast enough.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephanieAllenCrist) | 9 comments R.F.G. wrote: "Kaffee helps"

Yes, lots and lots of it! :)

message 6: by Sybil (new)

Sybil Powell (sybilpowell) | 84 comments Stephanie just relax things work better that way. I wish you success and you'll enjoy it that much more if you're taking it easy.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (StephanieAllenCrist) | 9 comments Sybil wrote: "Stephanie just relax things work better that way. I wish you success and you'll enjoy it that much more if you're taking it easy."

Thank you! That is what I'm trying to do. I've got the groundwork laid and I figure the rest will work itself out in time, with a little help from me and my publishing team.