SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

The Red Knight (The Traitor Son Cycle, #1)
This topic is about The Red Knight

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Discussion of Chapter 4 ONLY please, no spoilers for any other part of the book!

Well chapter 4 was rather brutal! I do NOT like this De Vrailly and his cocky attitude. However he is very interesting with his belief in his 'angel' and what he must do to conquer the Wilds. I certainly wonder what he plans to do in order to change the way things currently stand with the Wilds and he does indeed seem to be far superior to the Knights and Kings Men he's met so far.

The combination of the East and West and their different traditions is something I am really interested in and I'm sure we'll discover more about that as it goes on.

The religion in this book also really excites and interests me and I can't wait to see more of that and the beliefs of the world and characters.

I think I'm getting to grips with the characters a bit more too and slowly understanding everyone's position which is good.

I'm enjoying this, even despite the brutality of some scenes :D

peggylovesbooks | 36 comments I don't think De Vrailly wants to just conquer the wilds, he wants the kingdom. That's what I'm getting out of it.

Peggy wrote: "I don't think De Vrailly wants to just conquer the wilds, he wants the kingdom. That's what I'm getting out of it."

Yeah, I certainly agree there, but I do think he needs to prove himself by conquering the Wilds and showing off that he's better than the King (or something very similar).
Are you enjoying the read so far?

peggylovesbooks | 36 comments Kaitlin wrote: "Peggy wrote: "I don't think De Vrailly wants to just conquer the wilds, he wants the kingdom. That's what I'm getting out of it."

Yeah, I certainly agree there, but I do think he needs to prove hi..."

I am, there is a lot of characters and I can't wait to see how they all tie in together.

Peggy wrote: "Kaitlin wrote: "Peggy wrote: "I don't think De Vrailly wants to just conquer the wilds, he wants the kingdom. That's what I'm getting out of it."

Yeah, I certainly agree there, but I do think he n..."

Definitely! :D