SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

The Red Knight (The Traitor Son Cycle, #1)
This topic is about The Red Knight

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kitty G Books (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Discussion of Chapter 3 ONLY please, no spoilers for any other part of the book!

Kitty G Books (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
Okay so I just read Chapter 3 and I am trying to get into this book more this week as I've been reading other things but now I want to focus on this one.

I think I like The Red Knight a fair bit more now, I didn't initially 'get' him and what he was all about but I feel like we get to know him more in this chapter and I am certainly interested in his personality and the way he manages things. I like the fact that he is in control of a rather rag-tag bunch and yet he strives for order and he's actually got some cool powers too.

I also really like the Abbess even though she's a bit of a rival in a way to the Red Knight as I like that she's trying to convert him and is a bit of an enigma for him to try and work out.

The story generally is interesting too, I certainly want to figure out where it's all going and the daemons and so on are really a cool addition to the book. I have a feeling that once I'm really sinking my teeth into this it's going to be a great read and I like the way it's written too, some of the descriptions are really great.

Overall I want to get going with this book in the next week and I hope to get at least a fair way through next week if not finish it :D