Goliverse discussion

Off Topic > Where/When

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Docxen (new)

Docxen | 159 comments Where and when are your favorite places to read. I don't have a lot of time so i generally read first thing in the morning to wake myself up and at night while i'm taking a bath. Hot water soothes the muscles and the book soothes the soul.

message 2: by Docxen (new)

Docxen | 159 comments Also i don't read a lot of books as audio books due to always being interrupted at work and i just prefer to read a book in my hand.

message 3: by Rodney (new)

Rodney | 208 comments Mod
I read whenever I get the chance. Free time is not something I have an abundance of. I do like audiobooks because i don't have the time to read everything I want

message 4: by SciFiNow (new)

SciFiNow | 89 comments If i had the time i would read a physical copy over an audiobook. For the last probaly 7 years though i just do not have the time. Thank god for audiobooks though because i can listen to them at work, i am actually able to consume far more books thani used to, and i love audiobooks. When im at work its either podcasts or audiobooks.

message 5: by Docxen (new)

Docxen | 159 comments yea audiobooks are neat but like i said interrupted literally 3-9 times an hour at work for reworks, questions from other cutters, or the boss just wanting some answer to his inane questions makes it difficult. Is it easy to pause/resume the devices you guys use?

message 6: by SciFiNow (new)

SciFiNow | 89 comments I have android i use an app called smart audiobook its great. The headset i use is the lg one that goes around your neck hbs-730 i think its called, its easy to pause and play.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  (co984life) | 115 comments Mod
Lately I do a lot of reading at work and sometimes on the commute to and from work. I'm not really a fan of audiobooks; I do read comics on my iPad sometimes but for the most part I still like to read a physical copy of a book.

message 8: by Docxen (new)

Docxen | 159 comments yea i like physical also but i must admit i enjoy my nook and it's so easy to get books.

message 9: by Matt (new)

Matt | 150 comments I tend to prefer reading on my Kindle, unless it's a book with a lot of footnotes. Having all my books in one portable device, and being able to instantly buy the next book in a series, is very nice. I read whenever I can, but I have to fit it in around work and baby-wrangling. Usually I get a good chunk of time lying in bed at the end of the day. I also like to read during my lunch break at work.

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Cooper | 64 comments I enjoy both audio and manual. Kindle is good for convenience, however, sometimes its too convenient. That check out button is just a little too easy to hit. I prefer paper books. The smell, the feel, the way a collection looks on the shelf-even if it's a shelf in the closet. I read in the car while waiting for my kid to get out of school, and in the evenings mostly.

message 11: by Docxen (new)

Docxen | 159 comments yea matt lunch break is good reading but i don't like to read w/ nook scares me i'll mess it up.