2015 Reading Challenge discussion

A book based on or turned into a TV show

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw a commercial recently about a new sitcom called Fresh Off the Boat based on this book. It was a struggle to read and I finished only because of this challenge. I had my husband read it as well, and he felt the same way. Neither of us really care for hip hop... so maybe if you like hip hop you'll like this book.

It looks like the tv show will be more about Eddie's Chinese family and less about Eddie.

message 2: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 4 comments Thanks for the heads up on this one. I honestly have no idea what I will read for this challenge. It may be the most difficult category for me. I read the Game of Thrones series last year so that is out.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Fredenburg | 3 comments If you haven't read Outlander yet that's all over TV on STARZ.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Fredenburg | 3 comments 12 Monkeys is another old book but a new series on SyFy.

message 5: by Tami (new)

Tami (tamidale) Here are a couple more suggestions:

Sins of the House of Borgia

Orange Is the New Black

message 6: by Tami (last edited Jan 30, 2015 06:42PM) (new)

Tami (tamidale) Also this one: Little House on the Prairie
and these....
The Vampire Diaries
Gossip Girl
Pretty Little Liars
Friday Night Lights

and we can't forget Sookie Stackhouse and the True Blood series
Dead Until Dark

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 4 comments So many I hadn't thought of! Thanks. I have not read Outlander. Think I'll go with that one.

message 8: by Sanna (new)

Sanna (duckwheelchair) | 2 comments How about Déjà Dead by Kathy Reichs, that turned into "Bones"

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Toogood | 5 comments Following Colleen McCullough's death last week I thought I would read The Thorn Birds. It was adapted for television in 1983.

message 10: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) The Thorn Birds is wonderful! I let a friend borrow it years ago, and never got it back. I want to read it again.

I just read Outlander for this challenge.

message 11: by Gina (new)

Gina | 15 comments Dead to the World. It turned into one of the Vampire series that out now.