What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Lodestar (Heron, #4)
This topic is about The Lodestar
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical novel, medieval, series, girl named Julian [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trillian (new)

Trillian | 77 comments This was an adult historical novel set in Medieval times, maybe a little later. There was plenty of court intrigue, people lived in castles.

I think the main character was male (although there may have been more than one pov character). He married a girl named Julian who had red hair, it was an arranged marriage and she was quite young. I remember after the wedding he went away for some time, they didn't like each other but may have fallen in love later. I think he was also having an affair with a married woman at court, or she was pursuing him. He may have been some kind of a spy.

I borrowed this from the library some time in the mid to late nineties. It was quite a thick book. It was the first of a series, but I was never able to find the second book in the library. Because I looked for it in the library I remember that the author's surname was somewhere near the start of the alphabet!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
The Lodestar has a female char. named Julian, is part of a series, and author's last name starts with B.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

A Bloody Field by Shrewsbury also appears to have a female char. named Julian, although author's name starts with P and it doesn't appear to be part of a series.

message 4: by Trillian (new)

Trillian | 77 comments I'm pretty sure it is The Lodestar, thank you! This group is amazing.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

You're welcome.