What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. a childhood fairy tale... Have seen similar but must have GYPSIES!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Cruz | 4 comments When I was a child, I went to the library and read a fairy tale about a princess that sneaks out into another land and dances with Gypsies by their wagon. She does this often, and confounds her family. The King hires someone to follow her and see where she goes, offering a prize. So, one young man does follow her, and wears a mask so he will not be noticed. I think he is a prince, but cannot remember exactly. He falls in love with her and they do get married. HELP! I have had the hardest time remembering the title of the book, and cannot seem to find a trace of it by any key words. If anyone has any idea, PLEASE let me know. Thank you!!

message 2: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Cruz | 4 comments Ruqyo wrote: "The Mask Of The Dancing Princess

Could it perhaps be this? Granted, some of the details don't match, but this came up in my searches."

It doesn't "feel" like the one I read back then, but I have to investigate it further. Maybe see some old covers... Might jog more memories. Thank you so much for helping to try to find it. :-)

message 3: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Cruz | 4 comments Gosh... a LONG time ago. I might have been about 9 or 10... even 11, so.......... 1986-88????

message 4: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 945 comments I added the cover to the book, if that helps.

This sounds like the general plot for the 12 dancing princesses to me. Could it be a retelling?

message 5: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Cruz | 4 comments I wonder... In the one I remember, there was only ONE princess. Not even sure; could be a retelling. Tried to investigate a little of the other retellings. Gets a little confusing. Figured I would ask here in case anyone might have a better idea.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Camilla, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Camilla, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.