Ilyon Chronicles discussion

Ilyon Characters > Dragons

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaye (last edited Jan 26, 2015 08:25AM) (new)

Jaye Knight (jayelknight) | 382 comments Mod
Here we can discuss the various dragons in the series.

WARNING! Will contain spoilers if you haven't read The King's Scrolls yet.

message 2: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) | 55 comments Gem + Jace = A perfect pair.

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 341 comments Yes, they are. Jace couldn't have any other dragon. I'm glad Gem bonded to Jace rather than wasting away.

message 4: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) | 55 comments Morgan wrote: "Yes, they are. Jace couldn't have any other dragon. I'm glad Gem bonded to Jace rather than wasting away."

Me, too! As soon as (whoever it was) told the story of Gem, I knew Jace and Gem were destined to be together. :)

message 5: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments Kaden + his dragon (E-something. I'm terrible with names) Perfection. I just adored the fact he and Kyrin chose clutch mates. I saw it coming, but it was still adorable.

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 341 comments Exis. I do love how even their dragons were twins.

message 7: by Jaye (new)

Yes, I had a ton of fun matching dragons with their riders. :) And it was fun to do something a bit different with dragons and make them affectionate creatures.

message 8: by Morgan (new)

Morgan | 341 comments I like having them affectionate. They're like big, scaly, flying, firebreathing dogs. Which is kind of what I decided to do with mine after reading The Door Within and discovering dragons didn't always have to be bad.

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire Banschbach I really like how you did the dragons. It kinda reminded me of How To Train Your Dragon which is one of my favorite movies. I'm really undecided on whether or not dragons should be "good" or "bad", but I really like these guys! :) Especially Gem!

message 10: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments Dragons work great either way. But I find good dragons more interesting, and the ones in Ilyon are so sweet. And the firedrakes are scary. *shivers*

message 11: by Jaye (new)

Since we're only talking about dragons, I decided to split this topic up. Now it's exclusively for dragons, and I made a new topic exclusively for cretes. :)

message 12: by Erika (new)

Erika Mathews (resterwen) | 197 comments Gem! Yes, the moment she was first mentioned, I knew she was right for Jace and hoped he would recognize it. :) That whole scene provided great insight into Jace's depth of character. I would have been scared for Jace if he flew on any other dragon...

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments I knew Gem was right for Jace too. :) Just like Niton was in Resistance. :)

message 14: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments I LOVE THE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alea wrote: "I knew Gem was right for Jace too. :) Just like Niton was in Resistance. :)"

Yeah... hey, what happened to Niton?

Faith wrote: "Gem + Jace = A perfect pair."

YES. :D

message 15: by Madison (new)

Madison W | 65 comments The dragons were awesome! TKS has officially rekindled my interest and pleasure in (attempting to) draw dragons - got a fresh new sketchbook the other day, and I can't wait to start sketching some dragons! ;)

message 16: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments Madison wrote: "The dragons were awesome! TKS has officially rekindled my interest and pleasure in (attempting to) draw dragons - got a fresh new sketchbook the other day, and I can't wait to start sketching some ..."

Drawing dragons is so fun! Though I have a tendency to draw every single scale which, ya know, takes forever. XD

message 17: by Abby (new)

Abby Cashen | 6 comments Hey, I was wondering if someone could please list the colors of the dragons for me. I don't have TKS at hand right now and I need to know. Thanks!

message 18: by Stargazer (last edited May 02, 2015 06:23PM) (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments Sorry, I won't be much help but Kyrin's was blue. That's all I could find when I looked a few weeks ago. I was drawing dragons for the fan art contest and had no clue what color Gem was. I couldn't find it in TKS for anything, so I just colored her red but I don't think that's right... JAYE WHAT COLOR ARE THE DRAGONS?

message 19: by Abby (new)

Abby Cashen | 6 comments Oh, thank you! that's one dragon down! :)

message 20: by Jaye (new)

All female dragons in Ilyon have grayish blue and white scales and all the males have black and green scales. They're sort of like paint horses with the darker scales on top and then "bleeding" into the lighter scales. :)

message 21: by Abby (new)

Abby Cashen | 6 comments Thank you so much!!!

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (wordfitlyspoken) | 158 comments ...And the way you just described it is making the most gorgeous pictures in my head but SOMEONE NEEDS TO DRAW THIS, JUST LIKE SHE SAID.

message 23: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments Jaye wrote: "All female dragons in Ilyon have grayish blue and white scales and all the males have black and green scales. They're sort of like paint horses with the darker scales on top and then "bleeding" int..."

Oops. Oh well. Now I know for the future. :P Gem is a bright red in my drawing... XD

message 24: by Jaye (new)

Dragons look cool no matter what color they are. :D

message 25: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments Jaye wrote: "Dragons look cool no matter what color they are. :D"

True. :D But with fan art one likes to go along the lines of what's really in the book :P Speaking of which I need to send in my fan art for the contest...