UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > What have you downloaded recently?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Moved 21 books onto my voyage today. I swore I'd not overload it but I've now got 42 books on it. Sigh.

Bought Darren's new Ward book, The Silence of the Mimesof course, which got me a free copy of Gaiman's Stardust. Stardust

I've also had to download the first Lemony Snicket The Bad Beginningbook to read for my ten year olds.

Currently reading a L'engle A Wrinkle in Time for my ten year olds.

Got a couple of others to read for them this weekend as well. Yay.

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 3001 comments I'm making my way through The Fatal Shore: The Epic of Australia's Founding

Fascinating stuff indeed. Shows what a horrendous place the 19th century was and why libertarians are mentalists.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Ooooo that looks good!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I've got his Rome book, but not the Australia one. Cool.

message 5: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

I've even read it on the kindley thing.
Are you proud of me, Patti?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'm always proud of you, Will.

Bend over and I'll give you a pat on the head.

message 7: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments Or the thinking bit, anyway

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments The hairless bit, yes.

message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Moved 21 books onto my voyage today. I swore I'd not overload it but I've now got 42 books on it. Sigh.

Bought Darren's new Ward book, The Silence of the Mimesof course, which got ..."

I tried, am trying, to limit the number on new voyage too Patti, not doing so well I got 162 on it already. Infact, I am going to slim them down anud Take some back off again.

This weekend I got Kaths 2 books, the First Horseman, The Miniaturist, The Killers of The King and Secret Dreams. ( sorry I can't remember how to do the links, I will go and refresh my memory, just not tonight )

message 10: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Top right of the comment box, Anita (add book/author). Type in the title and select the appropriate book.

message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments Of course, thank you David ! Killers of the King: The Men Who Dared to Execute Charles I is that right ?
You will soon learn David that me and the technical bits don't always go together, well ok then we rarely go together !

message 12: by Anita (new)

Anita | 3758 comments The First Horseman
I don't remember it being quite as easy as that

message 13: by Graham (new)

Graham Garrity (grahamgarrity) | 49 comments The Victim : A Rufus Stone Novel

Cracking book about hostage negotiation written by a hostage negotiator. If you like Lee Child let this be your next read.

message 14: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 3146 comments Loads, because I'm flying soon and reading is the only way I can distract myself! Just downloaded the complete works of G.K. Chesterton.

message 15: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Barrett | 1612 comments Imperfect Strangers by David. Really looking forward to this; it comes highly recommended.

message 16: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. I just loved his earlier two books. Going to sink into this one...

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1728 comments Philip wrote: "Loads, because I'm flying soon and reading is the only way I can distract myself! Just downloaded the complete works of G.K. Chesterton."

I love G.K.C. I dip in and out of his Father Brown stories.

message 18: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 3146 comments Anna wrote: "Philip wrote: "Loads, because I'm flying soon and reading is the only way I can distract myself! Just downloaded the complete works of G.K. Chesterton."

I love G.K.C. I dip in and out of his Fath..."

For some reason, I've never encountered his work, but Terry Pratchett is a fan so I've got to give it a try :-)

message 19: by Jim (new)

Jim | 22035 comments I like some of GKC's stuff. Some of the Father Brown stories are better than others, I don't think he had the consistency of, for example, Sherlock Holmes stories

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Philip wrote: "Loads, because I'm flying soon and reading is the only way I can distract myself! Just downloaded the complete works of G.K. Chesterton."

Where you off to?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Andrew wrote: "Imperfect Strangers by David. Really looking forward to this; it comes highly recommended."

Even I liked it.

message 22: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 3146 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Philip wrote: "Loads, because I'm flying soon and reading is the only way I can distract myself! Just downloaded the complete works of G.K. Chesterton."

Where you off to?"

Spain for a few days

message 24: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 3146 comments Jim wrote: "I like some of GKC's stuff. Some of the Father Brown stories are better than others, I don't think he had the consistency of, for example, Sherlock Holmes stories"

Difficult to top old Arthur C-D

message 25: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25093 comments Just bought David Haynes' Beneath the Boards

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Nice, Phil! Whereabouts?

Just been looking at that, Kath. Think I'll grab it, too.

message 28: by Philip (new)

Philip Whiteland | 3146 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Nice, Phil! Whereabouts?

Just been looking at that, Kath. Think I'll grab it, too."

Near Valencia, Patti.

message 29: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Barrett | 1612 comments I just bought that too, Kath. My eyes are bigger than my reading allowance :(

message 30: by David (last edited Feb 06, 2015 12:55PM) (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments The Third Rule - The Complete Story by Andrew Barrett, another highly recommended book.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments David wrote: "The Third Rule - The Complete Story by Andrew Barrett, another highly recommended book."

Free at the moment, innit?

message 32: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments A bargain at half the price.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments A bargain at twice the price, even.

message 34: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Yes… that too :~)

message 35: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Vernon | 61 comments I've just bought a Kindle Paperwhite 2 days ago, so I am going to deffo overload it

message 36: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments I'm being jostled by the horde of authors offering Stu suggestions...

message 37: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Vernon | 61 comments I wrote a few books but never hoard anyone into buying them lol. At the minute I am reading a WWE biography by Mick Foley - so if you fancy something different then try that.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I grabbed Revival today.

I blame whoever it was that mentioned it in the just started.

I'm aching to start reading it!

message 39: by Anita (new)

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9111 comments I downloaded The Bone Clocks and The Book of Strange New Things yesterday because they were both £1.99, though I see the Michel Faber is up to £3.27 today. Both causing indexing probs on my kindle so had to take them off it for the moment.

message 41: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 7481 comments am reading Book of Strange Things right now and loving it Rosemary. Didn't enjoy Bone Clock really.

message 42: by Stuart (last edited Feb 09, 2015 09:35AM) (new)

Stuart Vernon | 61 comments I'm in the process of downloading the Stephen King entire bookography (well, apart from Rage)

message 43: by ✿Claire✿ (new)

✿Claire✿ (clairelm) | 3055 comments I got How (Not) to Kiss a Prince for free the other day and I may have downloaded and read the entire series since then.... and started on the spin off one... Not necessarily the best written books but good for a guilty pleasure read :)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Brain candy reading is always good, Claire.

Why not Rage, Stu? I quite liked Rage.

message 45: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Vernon | 61 comments Patti (baconater) wrote: "Brain candy reading is always good, Claire.

Why not Rage, Stu? I quite liked Rage."

I couldn't get it on Kindle with it being hard to get after the school massacre

message 46: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments I just got Reign, it's book four in a series I started ages ago. I still haven't had time to start it though!!! >.<

message 47: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Barrett | 1612 comments David wrote: "The Third Rule - The Complete Story by Andrew Barrett, another highly recommended book."

Oooh, good! I hope you enjoy it, David, and thank you :)

Funnily enough, I downloaded Imperfect Strangers and am itching to crack on with it. It's had some excellent reviews.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I've found a new favourite author (one of many!) through kindle unlimited. I couldn't find much by authors that I already knew and this authors name came up in a related search. Melissa Hill

I've already gobbled up Summer in Sorrento and Autumn in Verona, have just started Winter In Venice and have downloaded another longer book to read soon Something You Should Know. I'm really enjoying them; pleasant, light hearted stories set in Italy.

message 49: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1791 comments I downloaded a book of smoothie recipes, because I'm trying to up my fruit and veg intake and shed a few pounds.

I shan't name it, because the spinach, celery, apple and lime juice concoction I made in good faith this morning was utterly vile.

The last time I saw something that was close to that particular vivid shade of bright green, the dying Malus was puking it on to the floor of Little Hodcombe's church at the end of Peter Davison's 1983 Doctor Who story, The Awakening.

It tasted even worse.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Wonder if it was the same shade of green as the stuff Jud had to deal with today.

« previous 1