David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Buddy Reads! > Croak Buddy read

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 24, 2015 04:03AM) (new)

Book:Croak by ginda damico.(first in the trilogy)
Date: 12 feb 2015.

Participants: Anyone who wants to.As off now, me and David.
Croak (Croak, #1) by Gina Damico

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

And off course date is changable if you want to read but dont have time unntil april we change till april.

☆Joycedale☆ | 310 comments I loved this series, it's so funny. I hope you guys like it

message 4: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
That sounds perfect, Oda, can't wait to read with you :)

Thanks Joyce!!

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
I may do this buddy read with you. :)

message 6: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Yay Karen!

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) Every book I vote for never wins. LOLOLOL

Also have always wondered what the Buddy Reads are and how it works.

I would like to join in but can someone explain. I think I have an idea but you know what they say about assuming.....

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 27, 2015 02:36AM) (new)

Nancy wrote: "Every book I vote for never wins. LOLOLOL

Also have always wondered what the Buddy Reads are and how it works.

I would like to join in but can someone explain. I think I have an idea but you know..."

I just started doing buddy reads myself, its not complicated or anything. Baically we start the book on the same date(or around if you start a day before or after doesent matter)and you post youre thoughts in the thread. For eks.
Chapter 1, wow great start,love the writing.
page 56, so funny scenes,right.
+++
and off course since People read at different speeds you put spoilers in spoilers markings, since someone could be at page 15,someone at page 50, and a Third at page 150. so to not spoil we are carefull when we post.

message 9: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie I'll most likely Crash the party xD I need to reread the first book anyway.

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) Thanks Oda! That is what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Isee the date posted in the first post. I can't wait!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Nancy wrote: "Thanks Oda! That is what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Isee the date posted in the first post. I can't wait!"

Happy to help. There are no stupid questions.:D

message 12: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Nancy wrote: "Thanks Oda! That is what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Isee the date posted in the first post. I can't wait!"

Awesome! Hope you can join :) We'd love to have you read with us.

And thanks for explaining things, Oda! Exactly right, it's basically like a read-at-your-own-pace book club. We just chat about the books as we go :)

message 13: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Ashley wrote: "I'll most likely Crash the party xD I need to reread the first book anyway."

Yay! Crash all you want, Ashley :)

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Sounds like a party is brewing!! Yayyyy! I love lots of buddies in a buddy read!!

message 15: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) Whoot whoot! Tomorrow is the 12th! I hope I can start tomorrow, if not Friday for sure!

Tee hee, this is my first buddy read. Can you tell?

message 16: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (last edited Feb 11, 2015 04:04PM) (new)

Yay! I'm excited too, and happy I'll be a part of your first buddy read :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I`m starting it today. Cant wait :D

message 18: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

I started! I'm around 15% (page 50?). Pretty funny and creative read so far: (view spoiler)

Oh, and did anyone else like the map of Croak at the beginning? So clever, I love all the names!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Havent really been in a Reading mood today, but will take my book to bed and "probably read all night long".
And yes I love the map in the beginning of the books, always love books With maps.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe...So yepp, off course I ended up Reading the whole book last night. Really enjoyed it,I see why you love it so much Ashley.
Some keywords: jellyfish,poe,yorick.
I also loved how the mystery was something a lot of People were trying to solve ,not just one or two peeps.

message 21: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

LOL! Speed reader! I'm reading two books at the same time, so this one will probably take me 5-6 days :) Anyway, I'm at 38% now. (view spoiler)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree David I love all the ideas that the story expresses. how its not just an entetatining story but there is Depth to it as well, by making the Reader think.

message 23: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) I started yesterday and finished chapter 8. I am enjoying this book so far. Something funny, the cross street to the street I live on is Concord and the next street down is Lexington.

message 24: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Ha! That's a funny coincidence! Glad you're enjoying it :) It's a really fast read, I'm trying to pace myself.

I just finished chapter 16 (62%): (view spoiler)

message 25: by Nancy (last edited Feb 15, 2015 10:39AM) (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) I just finished! I really liked this book. I thought the writing was fun and I liked Lex and her inner voice. I like that it can be funny but has a serious moral dilemma going on.

The funny thing is, I can usually guess how it is going to end and who the "bad" guy is and I didn't even really think about it. I was totally not expecting (view spoiler)

message 26: by Nancy (last edited Feb 15, 2015 10:40AM) (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) David wrote: "LOL! Speed reader! I'm reading two books at the same time, so this one will probably take me 5-6 days :) Anyway, I'm at 38% now. Still plenty of laugh out loud moments, although a lot of the writin..."

That is interesting that (view spoiler). It liked that these were teens still acting like teens in some way even though they we're doing a serious job.

message 27: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) Oda wrote: "Hehe...So yepp, off course I ended up Reading the whole book last night. Really enjoyed it,I see why you love it so much Ashley.
Some keywords: jellyfish,poe,yorick.
I also loved how the mystery wa..."

I can see why you read it all in one night! It was hard to put down. I thought it was a fun book. Now I want to read the next one!

message 28: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 15, 2015 10:56AM) (new)

Nancy wrote: "I just finished! I really liked this book. I thought the writing was fun and I liked Lex and her inner voice. I like that it can be funny but has a serious moral dilemma going on.

The funny thing..."

You dident expect that? I saw that from a mile away, still I had no idea who the bad guy was, that suprised me. And yes, defently going to read the rest of the trilogy.

message 29: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Nancy wrote: "David wrote: "LOL! Speed reader! I'm reading two books at the same time, so this one will probably take me 5-6 days :) Anyway, I'm at 38% now. Still plenty of laugh out loud moments, although a lot..."

Hmm, yeah, I'm not sure what it was about the writing, something just seemed more juvenile than the YA I've been reading lately. But then again, the breadth of the YA genre is quite large, some books feeling much more sophisticated while others young at heart.

message 30: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Nancy wrote: "I just finished! I really liked this book. I thought the writing was fun and I liked Lex and her inner voice. I like that it can be funny but has a serious moral dilemma going on.

The funny thing..."

Glad you liked it! I can't wait to find out the ending :) I'm at 71% and still taking my time, switching off between two different books. I'm so glad (view spoiler)

message 31: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) David wrote: "Nancy wrote: "David wrote: "LOL! Speed reader! I'm reading two books at the same time, so this one will probably take me 5-6 days :) Anyway, I'm at 38% now. Still plenty of laugh out loud moments, ..."

That is definitly true about the breadth of YA. But that is probably true of any genre. People like different things within each genre.

I have already downloaded the second book!

message 32: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

I didn't even know the second book was out already! Wow, that's convenient ;)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

David, the whole trilogy is out. So Lucky us :D:D

message 34: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Really? That is so cool! I'm at 86% now and HOLY SCHNIKES, I actually guessed correctly the "bad guy" back in comment 24! I normally never get it right LOL. Although, in this case, I'm sort of sad that I did (view spoiler)

message 35: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

The funny thing..."

Nancy, I was also extremely shocked (view spoiler)

message 36: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) David, after I saw your post (#30) I thought oh crap, he is not going to be happy! At least I wasn't the only one that didn't see that coming.

I am glad (view spoiler)

message 37: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Nancy wrote: "David, after I saw your post (#30) I thought oh crap, he is not going to be happy! At least I wasn't the only one that didn't see that coming.

I am glad [spoilers removed]"

Aww I know! I completely forgot I wrote that comment. Makes me even sadder :(

I finished, I'll post the rest of my thoughts soon. It was a pretty good ending, no complaints here!

message 38: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie woohoo! I'm glad you guys liked it! and yes, the whole trilogy has been released (and is sitting on my shelf). Gina also has a standalone called Hellhole out, which I thought was very good.

message 39: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Thanks Ashley! It really was a very good book, and just generally LOTS of fun :)

My final thoughts: (view spoiler)
Thanks for reading with me, everyone, that was a blast, and I'm so glad we all enjoyed it and will be moving on to book 2 SOON!

message 40: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) I finished book 2 today!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Nancy wrote: "I finished book 2 today!"

Lucky,lucky you :D

message 42: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

Nancy wrote: "I finished book 2 today!"

Awesome! How was it? As good as the first?

message 43: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) Yes! I think I read it faster than the first. So hard to put down. Something I completely didn't expect happens! I wanted to start reading the third book but a book I had on hold at the library on Overdrive was finally available and downloaded automatically. Plus I need to read it for another group read.

I will definitly be reading that last book.

message 44: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

That's really good to hear! Thank you, and I hope you get to read the third soon!

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Croak (other topics)
Hellhole (other topics)