Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Celtic Mythology: The Myths & Legends of the Celtic World (Mythology Library)
This topic is about Celtic Mythology
Book Issues > Combine and corrections needed

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jean-christian | 31 comments Hi everybody,

The following edition is linked to a wrong book :
Mythologie Celtique : Les mythes et les légendes du monde celtique

It is linked to Mythology of the Celts: Myths and Legends of the Celtic World which is also from Arthur Cotterell

But it should be linked to Celtic Mythology: The Myths & Legends of the Celtic World

Also, a few minor corrections can be done on this edition :

- the number of pages is 96
- The correct spelling of the title is « Mythologie Celtique : Les Mythes et les Légendes du Monde Celtique » (with capitalized first letters, as can be seen on the cover)
- Translators for french edition are : Régine Cavallaro, Jean-Max Capmarty and Olivier Fleuraud.

Thanks

Jean-christian | 31 comments I just noticed something while adding another book of Arthur Cotterell to my books.

The book Norse Mythology: The Myths & Legends of the Nordic Gods has some editions titled "Norse Mythology ..." and some titled "Mythology of the Norse Gods ..." which feature a different cover.

Considering that the books Celtic Mythology: The Myths & Legends of the Celtic World and Mythology of the Celts: Myths and Legends of the Celtic World where added as different books there is a mistake somewhere.

All editions feature 96 pages (at least when the information was given) and Southwater editions seem to be paperback whereas other editions are hardcover, so my guess is Southwater editions are editions of the same book, only titled differently and can be linked to the main book.

message 3: by Paolo (new)

Paolo Caracciolo | 195 comments Jean-christian wrote: "I just noticed something while adding another book of Arthur Cotterell to my books.

The book Norse Mythology: The Myths & Legends of the Nordic Gods has some editions ..."

Done, Jean-Christian
Meanwhile I have combined something else. If possible, please check that I did not do something wrong.

Bye
Paolo

Jean-christian | 31 comments Hi Paolo,

Everything seems fine to me.

Though, I noticed one thing while checking. The number of pages for the Celtic Mythology edition is 264.

I dit a quick web search using the edition's ISBN and all references I can find state that the book is 96 pages.

Jean-Christian

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments #4 Done. WorldCat agreed.