Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Incarnate (Newsoul #1) by Jodi Meadows → Start Date: March 14, 2015

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Feel free to join Vicki and I as we read this book.

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments OMG I think I've attempted this book like 3 times. Hopefully I'll get it done this time.

Thanks for making the thread for us!

message 3: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Jan 23, 2015 10:31PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments You are welcome and I hope you didn't finish because you were busy rather than it being a bad book.

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes, I am a VERY busy person and I often end up getting "interrupted" by my crazy life! Like today after I got home from work my son came over and he, my husband and I talked awhile then went to Costco. Then came back home and talked some more. Then a couple days ago my daughter asked me to drive her somewhere tomorrow because she works the graveyard shift and gets off at 6:30. She needs to be somewhere that requires she leaves at 7:30 to be there on time and it's a 4 1/2 hour drive there and the same back. That's 9 hours out of my day that I can't read.

Then I found out today that I'm teaching 120% this semester so I'll be teaching seniors too and won't have a prep period so I'm going to be forced to cut back soon!

U

message 5: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Wow you are a busy person. You are also brave to teach high school. I don't think I could deal with those kids all day.

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Lol Well, it's definitely a challenge and this past Tuesday we (our school district) have officially gone digital. All the students now have their own tablets, and we have to design lessons to include online assignments and that's new to the teachers, so it's taking up a lot of my time.

message 7: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments A school around where I live tried doing that but it didn't last long. They found the kids playing on their tablets instead of working.

message 8: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yes, they will do that for sure; however, we teachers have the ability to LOCK them out, turn off their screens, and project them on the overhead. We can view all of their devices so if they are doing anything they aren't supposed to be doing...OFF it goes!

message 9: by Cindy ♥ (new)

Cindy ♥ | 245 comments I actually did like this book and I hope you guys like it too!

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thank you, Cindy!

message 11: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments I have my copy already but I know that you are behind on your reads and so am I. I think I have 3 or 4 books to read before this. When I'm getting ready to start this I will let you know. If you want to start before me that's fine too.

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'll wait for you! Lol

message 13: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments How about starting this tomorrow or Thursday?

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I think Thursday would be better for me than tomorrow.

message 15: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Thursday is fine.

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, sounds good.

message 17: by Melek (new)

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments I can join you on Thursday. This book has been on my to-be-read list for ages, I'm not so excited about it but it'd feel good to finally get it over with.

message 18: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Hopefully you will end up liking it.

message 19: by Melek (new)

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments I'm starting it now. I have a midterm tomorrow, so I might not be able to read more than a few chapters, but a start is a start.

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Melek, I hope you like it. :o) Good luck with your midterm.

message 21: by Melek (new)

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments Thanks Vicki! I bombed the whole thing though.
Also, I started the book yesterday and I could read about 50 pages (my copy is 341 pages, a translation) before feeling like my eyes were bleeding. I hated the writing style and I can't say I like the plot or the characters any better. I'll try to read some more before bed today. If the rest of the book is like this, I might take a week to finish it, or ditch it before then.

How are you guys are doing?

message 22: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sorry to hear that! Hopefully it gets better!

message 23: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments I'm getting ready to start today. I'm sorry you don't like it. I hate when I read crappy books. If you give up we will understand.

message 24: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Chapters 1-12

(view spoiler)

So far I'm liking this book.

message 25: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! :o) Hopefully I will too if I ever get to it. LOL

message 26: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments It's okay because a lot of us are behind on our reading. Too many books and so little time to read them all.

message 27: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yeah, if only I didn't have to work! Lol

message 28: by Melek (new)

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments I agree with that. If I didn't have my bus time, I could never get any reading done nowadays. It's like everything is getting in the way of everything else, if that makes sense to you.

I'm glad that you liked it Hannah. Though, I didn't expect you to finish it rightaway, I'm jealous now. I'll catch up as soon as possible.

message 29: by Melek (new)

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments I finished it, finally. Can't say I liked it, I could live without reading it.

message 30: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Melek wrote: "I finished it, finally. Can't say I liked it, I could live without reading it."

Oh no! Only one star? I'm sorry you didn't like it!

message 31: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Based on the low ratings in this thread and because I am so behind, I'm opting out for now.

message 32: by Melek (new)

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments Not a bad decision. :/

message 33: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments I'm sorry Melek you didn't like it.