Norwescon discussion

Memory of Water
This topic is about Memory of Water
2014 P.K. Dick Nominees > Memory of Water

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael, NWC Goodreads Group Admin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michael Hanscom (djwudi) | 137 comments Mod
Have you read this nominee? What did you think?

message 2: by Michael, NWC Goodreads Group Admin (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michael Hanscom (djwudi) | 137 comments Mod
A very quiet, pretty book, with a story that seemed to flow much like the water that is so much a part of it. Very enjoyable, and it was easy for me to get lost in this one (in a good way). Currently trying to decide whether I'd put this one or Elysium as my top pick for this year's P.K. Dick award...but I have three more books to read, so no decisions yet.

Kathy | 5 comments I greatly enjoyed this book. It was lyrical in tone and almost a happy dystopia.

Michelle Morrell (vylotte) | 34 comments In the Chinese ruled police state of Scandinavia, a young tea master guards the last spring in hot, brutal world where water is the ultimate currency. This was a gentle, flowing book, crafted well to mimic the water it so venerates.

One of this year's Philip K Dick nominees. If the others are to this level, I'm going to have a hard time choosing a favorite.

Shelley George | 23 comments It was very heavy handed to start with. But halfway through the book had a developed a life of its own. The water theme thoughts imagery were very effective. The hope for the future was sad/happy.