Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Reboot (Reboot #1) by Amy Tintera → Start Date: February 18th, 2015

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments Please join me, Vicki, and Megan as we read the first book in the Reboot series by Amy Tintera.

Synopsis~
Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Awesome! I've wanted to read this for SO long!!

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I totally agree!! It sounds amazing!

message 4: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Ugh you guys are making me want to join so many buddy reads. I'm holding out on a lot so I don't overwhelm myself but I can't pass this one up!

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I know the feeling of wanting to join so many BR when they all look so good!

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha! I know how you feel, Trinity. LOL

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan Brooker | 490 comments I started this one a little early while I was waiting for another book to come in but I wrote down my thoughts on every few chapters so I'll be ready to comment!

message 8: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments How far along are you?

message 9: by Trinity (new)

Trinity I will be starting tomorrow. :)

message 10: by Trinity (last edited Feb 22, 2015 10:27AM) (new)

Trinity We got our internet taken away since it was too much money to pay, so I am trying to get on internet as much as possible, so sorry if I don't respond as often as I'd like.

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Sorry to hear that, Trinity. That must be difficult.

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments I'm a little late in starting this. I had a lot going on the past few weeks and had to hold off on reading.

message 13: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments No worries! I've only read a few pages so far.

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan Brooker | 490 comments The first thing that struck me when reading this is how hard it was for me to envision the world. Normally I can really visualize how the author intended it to be, but for this one it wasn't that not enough detail was given it was that the terms to describe their "system" per se were foreign to me. Wren was also hard to like in the first third of the book, she was just so emotionless and hard to root for. She did a total 180 though and by the end of the book I loved her.