What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Time is frozen, dragonfly-planes

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sfo (last edited Jan 23, 2015 10:44AM) (new)

Sfo | 6 comments You probably know it already, if you know it. Well, anyway, there's a kid who gets caught up in this frozen-time-war or something, and there are people stuck in hibernation, so that they can come out way later. There's this weird scientist who talks backward. Also his dad was important for some reason. There was also this magic chest. The enemy was like, beings of coldness. Also, they had dragonfly planes. That was on the cover of it, for mine at least. That's all I remember.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39824 comments Mod
What year did you read it? What age is it aimed at? Illustrations?

message 3: by Sfo (new)

Sfo | 6 comments I read it like four years ago. It's aimed at young adults, I think. There were no illustrations.

message 4: by Kris (last edited Mar 02, 2015 11:53AM) (new)

Kris | 35667 comments Mod
A guess - Frozen in Time by Ali Sparkes?

Sfo, is this science fiction or fantasy (e.g., are there spaceships, aliens, other planets)? Does it take place on earth or a spaceship?

Could you describe how the story starts (e.g., does the kid wake up from being in hibernation / suspended animation / cryogenetically frozen)?

message 5: by Sfo (new)

Sfo | 6 comments No, that's not it.

The main character was just normal, and when time got turned around, most people just vanished, except for the people who were in the right place, cuz that's how it works, but the main character got caught in it. The people in hibernation were unrelated to this.

It was fantasy, the cryogenically frozen people were unrelated to the main character, they were part of the group who already knew about this stuff, it's unclear why though.

Also the cover had a big dragonfly plane on it in the sky.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Sfo, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Sfo, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Frozen in Time (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ali Sparkes (other topics)