2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Life of Pi
This topic is about Life of Pi
. Week 5: Number in Title > Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laarni (laarnireads) | 51 comments Never thought about pi but I saw it in Goodreads listopia and I'm glad I did because this has been sitting on my shelf for months and I was happy to add it to my reading plan. Woo! I loved the movie so I can't wait to see how I'll feel about the book.

Biana Huh, I never thought about this one as having a number in the title, but you are totally right.

I read this for a short lived bookclub we had. I thought the movie looked interesting and it's always better to read the book so I suggested it. When I prepped for discussion afterwards, I discovered that there are so many symbols and meaning hidden in the pages. I'm a tad more simplistic...I thought Richard Parker was a real tiger. In fact, I'm still sticking to that version.

Happy reading!!

Laarni (laarnireads) | 51 comments Thanks! Based on the movie alone, I still can't decide whether Richard Parker really is a tiger or not. Can't wait to start reading to see how it'll change what I think of the story :D

Sophie (sawphie) I read this book a few years ago and absolutely loved it. I thought that the movie was quite good, even though I'm usually very disappointed by movie adaptations. I hope you'll like it and look forward to hearing your thoughts!

message 5: by Daedreamer (new)

Daedreamer | 9 comments I've never read this book, but I just wanted to give kudos to you for choosing this as your book for having the number Pi in the title. It would have never crossed my mind to pick this so I was really amused when I saw your thread, lol.

Laarni (laarnireads) | 51 comments Daedreamer wrote: "I've never read this book, but I just wanted to give kudos to you for choosing this as your book for having the number Pi in the title. It would have never crossed my mind to pick this so I was rea..."

Haha! Thanks! I'm glad I found a way to add it to my reading plan because it'd been planning to read it.

Laarni (laarnireads) | 51 comments Finished it today! I thought I would get an answer this time but I'm now more confused about what this book is trying to tell me. Pi's faith got me interested in religion, his father's zoo got me interested in animal behavior, and his time at sea got me wishing I could fish a lot this year, but I'm not feeling philosophical about anything. To anyone who's read it, what do you think about it? :D