Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

Pick it for me?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So fellow book lovers I am just about finished with the Harry Potter series with only 2 more books in the set to go and I'm looking at my shelf and i notice wow, I have a lot of TBR's! So I wanted to know out of these options (which are just some of what I have) which one I should read after Harry Potter? What are your opinions that are the best books that will take me on another thrill ride as Harry Potter.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Doon (Doon, #1) by Carey Corp The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

or should I maybe pick a stand alone before diving into another series?

Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White Vicious by V.E. Schwab Hexed (The Witch Hunter, #1) by Michelle Krys

message 2: by Jess (last edited Jan 23, 2015 01:30PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jess Raven Boys (the books were amazing!) and then Clockwork Angel (also pretty amazing.)

I'm currently reading Vicious and its okay so far.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I know clockwork Angel does look really good but so does Doon and Shiver! It's so hard to decide.

AgCl Raven boys; its quite good. To be honest i've only completed one other book: Clockwork Angel, but i'm not very fond of the MC. I DNF'd Shiver and a lot of people have warned against Hush, Hush. I hope you're not trying to set HP as a standard though just because.

Izzy Raven Boys. Read it.

Varsha Well, those books are not really like HP. At all.
I really liked Clockwork Angel, but if you are looking for something like Harry Potter, I would personally not suggest any of those books.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

No I'm not looking for anything like Harry potter lol I just bought a bunch of books and can't decide which one to read first

Will Actually the Cassandra Clare books are all modeled after HP, with an inverted guy girl relationship. Clare actually wrote fan fiction for HP and uses the same format for almost all her books which follows her same HP fan fiction model