A Year Of Australian Writing discussion

The Rosie Project

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen | 3 comments A bit behind the times as I just finished this highly lauded book. I really liked it! It was sweet, clever and even though I don't usually like male first person narratives, the quirky voice of Don Tillman was appealing and endearing. Definitely a good read. I know there is a sequel but I don't really want to read it as I don't want to be disappointed but never say never.... It sits quite well as a stand alone for me!

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Jones | 9 comments I agree that this was a great read. I have just finished the sequel and even though it was quirky and funny, I enjoyed the first one more. I think you are doing the right thing by waiting for awhile before deciding to read the next one, or not :)

message 3: by Andrea (last edited Jan 26, 2015 03:11PM) (new)

Andrea Medwin | 5 comments I loved it as well. I thought that I'd get tired of the quirkiness after a while but it really was a sweet and funny book. I too am hesitant about the sequel - I think I'll wait and find out what more people think about it first.

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 20 comments I've just finished reading this and really enjoyed it. I like the first person narrative for Don Tillman - by the end I could almost imagine him saying what was being written.