Ilyon Chronicles discussion

General > Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jaye (last edited Feb 01, 2015 11:17AM) (new)

Jaye Knight (jayelknight) | 382 comments Mod
There are any number of Ilyon related (or even non-Ilyon related!) things to talk about, so if there is a topic for a certain character, race, or subject you'd like to see, or any other group suggestions, you can make them here!

message 2: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments We need one for the cretes and/or the dragons. Because cretes and dragons.

message 3: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments Not really a topic suggestion, more a group one. We don't have any polls, and polls are fun. I'm not sure what they'd be about, though, maybe favorite character, favorite minor character, favorite place, favorite race.

message 4: by Jaye (new)

There! I just added a few polls. :)

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Grace (katiegracewrite) | 73 comments Ooh. The polls are fun. It'll be interesting to see the top choices. :D

message 6: by Madison (new)

Madison W | 65 comments Can we have a discussion page for Trev? :3

message 7: by Jaye (new)

Madison wrote: "Can we have a discussion page for Trev? :3"

I just added it. :)

message 8: by H.S.J. (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 109 comments Ever considered fan fiction contests or forums? :)

message 9: by Jaye (new)

That would be cool. I know I'd love to add some fan fiction to the behind the scenes blog. I will give a contest some thought. :)

message 10: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments I have a fanfic planned for the Makilian Trilogy. Kinda off-topic, but yeah. Ilyon hasn't inspired any fanfic ideas from me yet ... unless it's about Kyrin and her brothers as kids ... that would be interesting.

message 11: by H.S.J. (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 109 comments And Trev as a guard. Or Holden as a spy. And Danial when he was younger. Or Trask and Lady Anne. And...Jace as a little kid. 00

At the same time, fan fiction can kind of be hard on an author, I imagine, because its everyone's impressions of the character and may be horribly off, especially if they're writing about something you already have figured out.

message 12: by Jaye (new)

I don't think I'd mind so much, even if it was totally different from what I had in mind. I still think it would be fun to see what different ones came up with. :)

message 13: by H.S.J. (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 109 comments Then I'd be so up for that. :D

message 14: by Ghost Ryter (new)

Ghost Ryter | 64 comments If any of you guys write some fan-fiction, post links! I'd love to read it. Especially if it's about li'l Kaden and Kyrin. :D

message 15: by H.S.J. (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 109 comments Hmm...I'm coming up with a bittersweet fan fiction right now, but so far it's more bitter than sweet, so I'll have to change that. I'd love to make someone cry, but I wouldn't want to leave them depressed. :/

message 16: by Micailah (new)

Micailah | 144 comments Ghost Ryter wrote: "If any of you guys write some fan-fiction, post links! I'd love to read it. Especially if it's about li'l Kaden and Kyrin. :D"

I second that!:D

message 17: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) | 55 comments Hannah wrote: "Ever considered fan fiction contests or forums? :)"

I have a fanfiction idea brewing in my head for Ilyon. I'm not sure I could pull it off though, since I'm not good at fantasy writing.

message 18: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments I really want to write a Fanfiction for Ilyon, but no ideas have really sparked. I started one for The Makilien Trilogy, but never finished it. (Sorry that last sentence was a bit off topic)

message 19: by Madison (new)

Madison W | 65 comments I'm working on a little fan fic! Not sure how far I'll get :P

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments Madison wrote: "I'm working on a little fan fic! Not sure how far I'll get :P"

That is so awesome, Madison!!!

message 21: by Madison (new)

Madison W | 65 comments That is so awesome, Madison!!!"

Ha, thanks! ;D If you need an idea, maybe you could try doing what I'm doing; basically me (you) meeting up with the characters!

message 22: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) | 55 comments Faith wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Ever considered fan fiction contests or forums? :)"

I have a fanfiction idea brewing in my head for Ilyon. I'm not sure I could pull it off though, since I'm not good at fantasy wri..."

Okay, so less than 24 hours after I said this, I started writing something. We'll see how it turns out. If it's good, I'll be sharing it here.

message 23: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments Madison wrote: "That is so awesome, Madison!!!"

Ha, thanks! ;D If you need an idea, maybe you could try doing what I'm doing; basically me (you) meeting up with the characters!"

I have done it with LOTR and I probably will do it with Ilyon too. :)

message 24: by Erika (new)

Erika Mathews (resterwen) | 197 comments I'd love to write Ilyon-inspired stories like that, but I would need to wait until reading the entire series and any short stories or related secret projects (!) Jaye writes. I like to have all the information, background, and context I can from the author before writing so I can shape my writing to most closely match the author's style, intent, and storyline. Writing about something and then reading a totally different explanation for the same element in Book Five would totally derail me.

message 25: by Katie (new)

Katie Grace (katiegracewrite) | 73 comments 0.0 I totally forgot about the secret project until you mentioned it, Resterwen. Oh dear. My curiosity and impatience has returned. :p

message 26: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) | 55 comments Resterwen wrote: "I'd love to write Ilyon-inspired stories like that, but I would need to wait until reading the entire series and any short stories or related secret projects (!) Jaye writes. I like to have all the..."

That's one reason I'm writing one in the Ilyon world, but not really connected to Jaye's books. At least not so far in the story. :)

message 27: by Megan (new)

Megan McCullough (meganmccullougbooks) | 59 comments Katie wrote: "0.0 I totally forgot about the secret project until you mentioned it, Resterwen. Oh dear. My curiosity and impatience has returned. :p"

Same here! Why can't time speed up???

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Beguerie (amandabeguerie) | 467 comments Jaye, in any of your books, will you (PLEASE) make a cameo appearance (as a character not the author)? That would be so cool and you could literally meet your characters. :D

message 29: by Ghost Ryter (last edited Mar 20, 2015 05:09AM) (new)

Ghost Ryter | 64 comments Amanda wrote: "Jaye, in any of your books, will you (PLEASE) make a cameo appearance (as a character not the author)? That would be so cool and you could literally meet your characters. :D"

Oh, yes! I second that!

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Beguerie (amandabeguerie) | 467 comments Or...FALL IN LOVE WITH KADEN! (Okay not really.) just kidding.

message 31: by Leah (new)

Leah Good | 11 comments I could totally do Ilyon fanfic. If only it wouldn't be yet another distraction from my own book...

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Beguerie (amandabeguerie) | 467 comments You totally should!! And visit Ilyon! I would...maybe. I don't know. I'm not the best at writing long works unless I know exactly what I'm doing.

message 33: by Jaye (new)

Amanda wrote: "Or...FALL IN LOVE WITH KADEN! (Okay not really.) just kidding."

LOL! That's funny. I guess I never thought of having a cameo appearance since I already put so much of myself into Jace and Kyrin (mostly Jace). Basically, if you combined the two, you'd have me. ;)

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Beguerie (amandabeguerie) | 467 comments Exactly! It would be really fun :) But it might be confusing to have a Jaye and a Jace. But you should totally write yourself into a chapter.

message 35: by Jaye (new)

I can hardly believe it, but next month will be the one year anniversary of Resistance's release. I want to do some fun things to celebrate. I'm thinking of holding my first fan art contest, for one thing. Any other things you think would be fun for the month of May? :)

message 36: by H.S.J. (new)

H.S.J. Williams | 109 comments A fan art contest would make me very happy. A fan fiction would be fun, but a little more complicated, especially since we are still so early on in the series.

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Beguerie (amandabeguerie) | 467 comments That would be super fun, Hannah!

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahtaleweaver) | 22 comments A fanart or fanfiction contest would be cool. :) I don't know that I'll be able to enter, but I'd definitely enjoy seeing other people's entries.

message 39: by Firefly (new)

Firefly (fireflys12) | 256 comments I'm not good at fanart, but I would definitely do a fanfiction :D At least... if I could find the time... I'm already working on too many stories already... *sighs*

message 40: by Stargazer (new)

Stargazer R. L. | 560 comments I LOVE FAN ART CONTESTS. *is currently in one* Though, I'd need to come up with inspiration... But that shouldn't be hard.

Hmm, fun things... Um, not sure if this counts or if you'd be willing to, but I love seeing pictures of people's rooms, so maybe show us pics of the room where Resistance was written? Or maybe you don't write in your room. That sort of fell apart but it's all I could think of. *shrugs*

Oh maybe you could have a contest and have people send in pictures of them reading resistance in really weird/interesting/silly places? And people can vote on their favorite? ...You asked for fun ideas so that's what my strange mind came up with. :P

message 41: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithblum) | 55 comments Hm. I wonder if I could finish my fanfiction for the party. I would have to probably post a chapter every couple of days, though, since it will probably be around 25,000 words.

message 42: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Can we have a Rayad topic for the character folder? ;)

message 43: by Jaye (new)

Tamara wrote: "Can we have a Rayad topic for the character folder? ;)"

Done! :) https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 44: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) Thanks!

message 45: by Jaye (new)

So, when I started this group, I had no idea it would be so active (thanks, everyone!). Now I was thinking it might be nice to actually have a forum. Of course, we can still keep the group going, but a forum would be nice to have more topics, especially when I write and publish books other than Ilyon Chronicles. Also, members who are not on Goodreads could use it as well. What do you all think? Would you come join a forum? :)

message 46: by Claire (new)

Claire Banschbach I'd pop in and out. And I think a forum would encourage my younger sisters (who also love the books) to join in conversations. Good idea!

message 47: by C.B. (new)

C.B. Cook (cbcook) | 293 comments I might! :D

message 48: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (wordfitlyspoken) | 158 comments I might. Depends how often I'd remember to check it.

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Beguerie (amandabeguerie) | 467 comments I might also. I probably wouldn't be on as much as I am Goodreads - seeing that GR notifications come to my iPod and I'm more likely to see them. But it would still be cool for more people to come on it!

message 50: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Ardnek | 540 comments On one hand: a forum dedicated 100% to Ilyon and all things Jaye-related would be fun, and it would allow for readers who aren't in Goodreads to participate.

However, as the other girls are pointing out, it'd be a bit harder to keep up with. Part of the reason we're so active here is that it only takes a few clicks to join the group, and then we can receive email notifications to remind us to come back and fangirl some more.

I've been in some small forums before, even moderated one. They're fun, but also trickier.

The decision's up to you, and I'd join if you created one (because Ilyon), but I'll probably keep posting here more often - it's just more convenient for me.

« previous 1