Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding Lib
This topic is about Adding Lib
Book Issues > 2 Listings, Only 1 showing under combine?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Elliott | 5 comments 2 Editions of Adding Lib showing, but when I tried combining only one is showing? HELP

message 2: by Alex (last edited Jan 22, 2015 03:25PM) (new)

Alex | 2739 comments Hello Kathryn, the other edition of Adding Lib was under a different author name. Is your surname spelled Elliott, like on the book covers, or Elliot, as in your profile?

message 3: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Elliott | 5 comments *face palm* - How the hell did that happen??? Thx for the catch!

message 4: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments If your profile name is spelled incorrectly, I can put in a request to have it fixed, if you'd like.

message 5: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Elliott | 5 comments I made the change - thanks!

message 6: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Elliott | 5 comments I spoke too soon. If you could make the change, that would be great. Didn't realize it had to be adjusted by a librarian. Elliott - two ts. Thanks.

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments Only GR staff, it seems, can change the names of claimed author profiles. I've made the request here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

It may or may not take a while to go through.

message 8: by Kathryn (new) - added it

Kathryn Elliott | 5 comments Thank you!

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43509 comments Mod
Alex wrote: "Only GR staff, it seems, can change the names of claimed author profiles."

That is only true when the author is attempting to change to (and thus merge with) a name that already has an existing profile. If they are editing their profile to a name that does not yet exist in the database, they can do so without assistance.

message 10: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2739 comments Oh, good to know. Thank you for the info!