SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Around Goodreads & the WWW > Be the First to Know When Your Favorite Authors Release New Books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments Amazon's new alert feature allows you to Be the First to Know When Your Favorite Authors Release New Books.

I've just started following a boatload of authors. I'm always looking for ways to alert me to new releases. Gimme, Gimme, Gimme! :)

Their recommendation feature (when you click "follow", similar-ish authors pop up) isn't bad. It's helped me catch a few I'd missed. The main page is broken into two sections: Suggestions Based on Authors You Follow and Popular Authors on Amazon. There's a search bar for locating those not listed. You can click on the small "Manage Your Follows" button to see who you're following and your list can be made either public or private.

message 2: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 668 comments Fantastic! Though I heave yet to find the feature from Amazon itself. I'll just keep coming back here and using your link. :-)

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments I kinda stumbled upon it by accident and bookmarked it in case I want to add more.

I'm interested to see what their alert will look like and how quickly I'll receive it. Hopefully it'll go out as soon as an upcoming release is added to their library.

message 4: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3550 comments Thx Steph! I am now following a boatload too... We'll see what happens, fingers crossed its cool.

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments :D

message 6: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3550 comments Received my first emails today and found a series I didn't know about with a freebie #1 book as a bonus. The Upheaval (The Survivor Chronicles, #1) by Erica Stevens . YA, zombie, dystopia series.

message 7: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments Sweet! I rec'd 3 for books I'd already marked down. But, I'm thrilled they've started rolling in and can't wait to see what's to come. Yippeeeee!

I'd grabbed that freebie earlier this month, but didn't jump back to GR to add it. I'll do that now so it doesn't get buried in my Kindle cloud.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Upheaval (other topics)