LITTLE BOOK CLUB discussion

Random/Anything :D > Best/quickest way to sort books in shelves?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by K. (new)

K. (kaydeforce) Hi everybody! This is my first time posting so please excuse me if I'm in the wrong section or if this is not allowed.

I am about to enter all my books into goodreads and created some shelves besides the standard ones. Sorting the books that I have on here now was a tedious work. Is there any way to fast and effectively sort the books into shelves? I would love for example to see every one of my books and just checkmark which shelves I want it to be on. I was not able to do that. How do you do this if you have several hundred books? (I expect to have about 600-800 once everything is entered)...

message 2: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (Bend the Bookshelf) (bendthebookshelf) I have the Goodreads app and I scan the barcode then shelve the ones I scanned all at once. I only have 250ish books though so I'm not sure how it would go with 600-800. Good luck with the way you find to do it though! :)

message 3: by Hazuki (new)

Hazuki (hazuki_lc) | 18 comments I'd recommend just setting a whole day aside for doing that... That's what I'd do :P

message 4: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (teamblonde) | 7 comments Well I have 2000 books on my lists all together so I don't know how to help you but I would think of the books that are going to be on more than one shelve and get those out of the way.

message 5: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (starkovalina) | 3 comments One option is to go to "my books" on the desktop site and click "batch edit". You can check the box beside whatever books you want on a certain shelf and at the top of the page there should be a drop down bar where you can select which shelf to put your selected books on. Hope this helps :)