An Abundance of Katherines An Abundance of Katherines discussion

Does anybody else think this book was boring?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alaska Young To me this was boring i couldn't wait until it ended. Was it the same to ya'll?

Deanna (A Novel Glimpse) It wasn't my favorite John Green book, but I thought it was still good. I can't say I thought it was boring.

Aderonke It was boring and I honestly thought Colin was a whiner. You're a genius and going on an awesome feel better road with your best friend. What more could you ask for?

Diego Charaf The only thing interedting about this book is that the last Kathering was the 1st one.

Monise Tu'a It was pretty boring. I too had to force myself to sit there and get it over and done with. It was a useless book but I think it meant to be like that; a random, kind-of-humorous and pointless book of someone's life associated with Katherine's. It wasn't the worst book ever but I didn't find any interest in it atall. Although, the way it had the small letters to help you understand was funny because it was as if reading non-fiction book. I also found the way Colin tried to make a theorem funny.

Alaska Young yeah same

Abooktopia It was pretty boring. I had to force myself to continue reading it so I could get the book over and done with and out of the way

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ya, it is my least favorite John Green book. I thought Colin was really super annoying. I wanted to hurry and finish it that way I could move onto another book.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Alaska wrote: "To me this was boring i couldn't wait until it ended. Was it the same to ya'll?"

Alaska, why did you give it 5 stars if you didn't like it?

Michaela I couldn't even personally finish it; not the worst plot I've ever read- its just I feel like not enough was going on in the book.

message 11: by Alaska (last edited Jan 26, 2015 08:53AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alaska Young Sofia wrote: "Alaska wrote: "To me this was boring i couldn't wait until it ended. Was it the same to ya'll?"

Alaska, why did you give it 5 stars if you didn't like it?"

i did i meant to give it 2 stars. are you okay with that??

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2015 08:59AM) (new)

Alaska wrote: "Sofia wrote: "Alaska wrote: "To me this was boring i couldn't wait until it ended. Was it the same to ya'll?"

i did i meant to give it ..."

Lol, sorry I didn't mean to be rude or anything. I was just wondering if there was a certain part you like or maybe the writing style that made it deserve 5 stars.

Alaska Young Sofia wrote: "Alaska wrote: "Sofia wrote: "Alaska wrote: "To me this was boring i couldn't wait until it ended. Was it the same to ya'll?"

i did i me..."

its fine Sofia and i didn't mean to give it five stars i don't know how it went to five when i gave it 2.

Kelly i was about to comment on how boring i thought it was and not a "typical" John Green book for me as all i can remember is how much i hated it - but i apparently rated it 4 stars lol so i guess this book has some redeeming qualities but i sure dont remember them unfortunately

Holly :) book was seriously boring

Shyann I don't think it was particularly boring just that it did not catch my attention

message 17: by Kerry (new) - added it

Kerry Lawrene Out of all of John Green's book, I enjoyed this one the least. In other words, it was boring as hell.

message 18: by ren (new) - rated it 3 stars

ren I absolutely hated this book. I don't even remember what happened because I speed read it in hopes to get it over with (cause I don't like starting books and not finishing them). I've actually never heard anyone say that they liked this book :/

Thalejah This was one of my favourite John Green books! but in all honesty some bits were a little over my head and I did have to read the footnotes quite a lot. None the less I thought this book was super funny and a great read.

Katya Hr. I didn't find it boring yet it wasn't a super exciting book. Just a normal book, nothing like The Fault in Our Stars.

message 21: by Ice (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ice pretty boring yes

Taylor Madden I wouldn't say it was boring, but it definitely wasn't all that exciting. The characters felt recycled from his debut novel, Looking For Alaska.