SFF Readalongs led by Kitty G discussion

The Red Knight (The Traitor Son Cycle, #1)
This topic is about The Red Knight
The Red Knight Discussion > Thoughts Before We Start...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
This is a thread for any thoughts about this book that you might have before you start and to introduce yourself to everyone else taking part. Where did you hear about this book and readalong? What makes you want to take part?

For me I heard about this from Michael at Bitten by a Radioactive Book (youtube) and he loved it, therefore I was highly excited to get a copy and read it! I have no idea what it's about really but the cover is pretty and has Dragon-things!! :D

Officially this readalong starts on the 1st of Feb 2015.

No spoilers please :D

message 2: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine | 0 comments I picked this one up a little while ago and am going to try to participate in both this book and Deadhouse Gates. Should be interesting with it being a short month and the rest of the goals that I've set for myself in the month of Feb.

message 3: by Marita (last edited Jan 22, 2015 02:06PM) (new) - added it

Marita | 3 comments I bought this one a while ago but hadn't gotten around to read it yet. I look forward to reading it with you guys. I will try to read Deadhouse Gates too, should be interesting :D

message 4: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Willis (fightingokra) | 71 comments Deadhouse is my first priority but I am going to try to slip both in this month. I know absolutely nothing about this book and hope you guys chose a good one.

peggylovesbooks | 36 comments When I saw you are doing a buddy read for this book I had to go buy it. This should be interesting reading 2 books at the same time, since I will also be reading Deadhouse Gates.

Paul (paul_sff) | 68 comments Haven't decided yet if I'm going to dive into this one as well as Deadhouse Gates but I just have to say how awful the U.S. cover of this book is compared to the U.K. cover. =/

Kaitlin (kool_kat_kitty) | 671 comments Mod
:D Awesome that so many of you are going to be participating in both of the buddy reads! That makes me so happy :D

D.H. | 7 comments I would like to participate, too, but seeing as I have already read it, I wouldn't know how to not spoil it, as certain things that were hinted at will be crystal clear to me the second time (no, actually the third time, as I have read it twice already, and I picked up on so many more things the second time around). But maybe I'll try because I do remember the thoughts I had the first time I read it. Yes, I will try and as soon as you guys think I'm being too spoilery, just tell me and I'll stop participating.
I'm eager to see how you guys like this book.

Paul (paul_sff) | 68 comments Got a coupon in the ol' email today, so it looks like I'll be checking this book out too. I probably won't read it until the end of Feb though.

message 10: by G (new) - added it

G Toms | 1 comments Been meaning to read this for a while now. Got my copy today - looking forward to getting started.

message 11: by Teanka (new) - added it

Teanka I bought this book a few months ago in a kindle version. I'm glad you're discussing it here and so I'd like to participate, this will give me a spur that I needed to choose this particular book out of my TBR pile and actually start reading. It's also interesting that the author is already an established writer of historical fiction which he published under his real name, Christian Cameron. What I expected when buying the book was a debut novel, but I'm even more interested now.

I found your group because of the Erikson readalong which I'd want to take part in. I already read and re-read the first five volumes though so will probably skip this month's book and maybe participate in Memories of Ice as I preferred that one, The Deadhouse Gates being my least favourite Malazan novel.