2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > Katie's Reading Challenge - 45 books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynwright) Good Morning!

My challenge for 2015 is 45 books. I can tell you, I should be ashamed of my reading in 2014, as it consisted of mostly work reading. Mostly, this was books concerning leadership and how to be highly effective at my new role at work. Now that I have settled in and also realized that a reader cannot subsist on Business books alone, I have decided that my 2015 45 books will consist of all different types of books.

So far my list is as follows:

1. Twilight
2. New Moon (almost finished)
3. How Full is my Bucket (almost finished - this is required for work).

I am looking forward to seeing this list grow and be an active participant in the group.

message 2: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6679 comments Welcome to the group! Balance is all things is important, even in reading:)

message 3: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Good luck with your challenge, Kathryn! I understand that work reading can get in the way of your own reading choices, but I'm glad you're hoping to work more of that in this year. Do you mind if I ask what you do for work?

message 4: by Kathryn (last edited Jan 23, 2015 09:27PM) (new)

Kathryn (kathrynwright) I don't mind at all. I am an inside sales supervisor for a team of portfolio sales agents for a large insurance company. My job involves a lot of sales coaching and performance management but also because we deal in the Medicare space, we are regulated heavily by the federal government. This requires me to have a good knowledge of CMS policies and requirements, as well as a healthy understanding of health care policy. That is why I keep telling myself the "required reading" was front loaded and therefore 2015 should be better :-)

message 5: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments That makes a lot of sense! Now that you're up to speed on all of the required knowledge, you can devote more time to reading other things. What do you like to read in your free time?

message 6: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathrynwright) I am all over the place when it comes to my reading preferences. To give you an example, I took a break from Twilight to re-read Catcher In the Rye.

I guess you could say I have no shame when it comes to books. In fact, I am pretty sure I have Nicole Richie's "The Truth About Diamonds" next to John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men on my bookshelf.

message 7: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments I can totally relate! I'll read just about anything. Sometimes I'm in the mood for an intellectual read and sometimes I just want to be entertained.