Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > Panic (Panic #1) by Lauren Oliver → Start Date: March 8, 2015

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments Feel free to join Michelle, Caron, and I as we read this book.

message 2: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 1053 comments Yay! Thanks for the thread.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Yay!

message 4: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments Are either of you still going to read this with me?

message 5: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 1053 comments I'll be reading it. Hopefully i don't start late. I'm trying to finish at least 4/6 of my current reads

message 6: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments If you need a few days that's fine. I just wanted to make sure someone else was actually going to be reading it too.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Yup! I am still reading this with you Hannah. I have my book ready to go.

message 8: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 1053 comments I'll be starting this later tonight after I've finished my studying and caught up on New Girl

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I will probably start tomorrow. I want to finish city of glass then start panic right after.

message 10: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments If I can get this book easily I can join you guys as well.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Krista, I have not started yet so you have time.

message 12: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments I don't think any of us have started yet. So you have time.

message 13: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments Okay :)

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I just finished another book I was reading so now I am going to start Panic. :)

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I don't know about this book. I have a feeling it isn't my kind of book. I am on page 73 and so far I am annoyed by all of the cursing. I feel it isn't really necessary.

message 16: by Michelle (last edited Mar 12, 2015 10:15AM) (new)

Michelle I was right. This was not my kind of book. Here is my review. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Let me know what you all think when you get to reading it.

message 17: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments I'm sorry you didn't like it. This seems to be one of those books where either you loved it or hated it.

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I thought so too before I started it. I unfortunately didn't like it.

message 19: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments Did you finish it or just couldn't do it?

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I actually finished it. I was thinking about stopping half way but I wanted to finish it.

message 21: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments I will be starting this tomorrow.

message 22: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 1053 comments I only finished the first chapter so far.

message 23: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments I'm up to page 172. So, far I like it. I will admit it's not a great book but I'm enjoying it.

(view spoiler)

message 24: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments I ended up liking this book. I wasn't sure at first.

(view spoiler)

message 25: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments I plan on starting this tonight. I've been reading a book that I"m not really into so its taking forever. haha

message 26: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments I hope you like it.

message 27: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 1053 comments I'm slowly finishing up all my books. Hope to continue this later today.

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle It is great that you enjoyed reading this. Enjoying something is much better than disliking it.

message 29: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments True and if it makes you feel better I've read some bad books lately too. It's never fun.

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Before I started this I had heard mixed reviews. I figured I would read it then decide for myself.

message 31: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments So far I'm liking it. I agree with the cussing comment it isn't really needed. I just got done reading about them going to the mall.

message 32: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 1053 comments I'm 43% into it. Is it weird that I don't notice the cussing? I find this strange. I'm okay with it so far. I'm not disliking it, there are quite a few likeable qualities. Although, I'm not a fan of Nat.

message 33: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7281 comments I noticed only a little cussing. I've read books with a lot more. Like you Nat was someone I didn't care much for. She came across as fake to me.

message 34: by Caron (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 1053 comments Finished. It was okay. I didn't feel any thrill during the challenges, I mostly felt like the whole point was illogical. Why would people want to risk death for money?

3/5 stars from me.

message 35: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments I'm almost done. I noticed the cussing. I think the author did it to help show the differences some with the narrators. Not that I think it needed it.

Nat bugs me. She's kind of a bad friend at times.

message 36: by Krista (new)

Krista | 1604 comments Finished. I'll write my thoughts in the morning.