{Camp Half-Blood} discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) Goddess of luck, fortune, and chance.

message 2: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) It was easy for Fae to to do enough tricks to impress people. The sad part was, the girl had no one to really impress. Fae held out her hand, and her cards shuffled from across the room into her hand in a neat stack. Then she opened the door - which looked like a large Ace of Hearts playing card - and stepped out, her cards magically shuffling themselves from one hand to the other as she kicked the door closed behind her. She flipped her head to the side slightly as a chunk of her bright red hair fell in her face.

message 3: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments Eren was in a horrible mood after dealing with the girl in the armory. He found a cabin and kicked the door, nearly knocking it off of its hinges. His eyes changed from their usual brown to a dark, shifting purple that seemed to radiate power. He started to see the places where people have died, by a tree, down by the beach... He sighed, kicking the door again and then resting his head on the center of the cool wood.

message 4: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Hey!" Fae shrieked angrily, bolting back over to her cabin. "What the bloody hell do you think you're doin' to my cabin?" She snapped at him, her Irish accent thick in her words. Her hands tightened on the cards, and she forced them apart, one hand on either side of her body. The cards spread out, floating between her hands. She didn't turn them into daggers though... yet.

message 5: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments Eren's eyes widened and his face flushed, avoiding her eyes. "Sorry... I didnt mean to..." His hand was on his sword, looking up at her through his hair. "Put away the cards, please. You're making me nervous." He didn't know whether to run away or draw his sword, so he stood there, eyeing the girl. "Wait a minute. I thought this cabin was empty...?"

message 6: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Yes. Cards are terrifying to the boy with a sword in his hand." Fae said sarcastically. "The five foot luck girl versus the big Hades boy with a sword. I'm not moving them until you either get out or put that sword down." She said flatly. She didn't sound threatening or angry though, just defensive. She wasn't about to leave herself defenseless, even as a luck girl. And her whole cabin was a maze of blessings and curses. Blessing for anyone invited, jinxes for anyone else.

message 7: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "Fine." He grumbled, moving his hand off of his sword. "I'm only a foot taller than you, I'm not that big." He gestured at his very wiry stature, his slouch returning. "I didnt mean to hit the door so hard, you know. I was just kinda pi- angry. I was angry." She reminded him of a girl he used to know at school. She was a foreign exchange student and she was the nicest person he had met. 'I can't just run away or stab her... Grr...' He thought, his right hand shaking slightly.

message 8: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Well I'm not fixing it." Fae said sarcastically, nodding to the crack in the door. The cards stacked themselves neatly in one hand and she put them into the pocket of her sweatpants before sitting on the brilliant, shamrock-green couch. She flicked her fingers and the pair of dice on the table rolled around. She glanced at them as they stopped and flashed a brief smile. "Snake eyes." She grinned before scooping them up and tossing them from one hand to the other.

message 9: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "That was already there." He said, his eyes narrowing. "Its not my fault you don't know how to take care of a door... Anyway, I'm Eren." Holding out one hand, he put the other in his pocket and pulled out his knife. He flipped the butterfly knife with his left hand, expertly folding and unfolding the blade. "And you are?"

message 10: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Fae Windfall." Fae introduced herself with a small smile. She abandoned the dice, dumping them onto the table and taking out her cards again. "Do you know how to play poker, Eren?" She mused, watching him as the cards began shuffling themselves on the table. She reached under the table and pulled out a box which she set on the table and opened, revealing it to be full of poker chips.

message 11: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "I don't gamble, but I know how." He said, crossing his arms and leaning against her wall. He knew better than to play against a daughter of Tyche. His eyes narrowed. "I suppose I'll be going then." He cracked his knuckles and opened the door tenderly. He didn't want to break the door anymore, or be in the room with this girl. She was probably just like annoying knife girl, arrogant and selfish. Probably wanted all of his Drachma that he'd earned. His teeth gritted, his hair failing into his eyes again. 'Need a haircut.'

message 12: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Aw." Fae pouted, honestly disappointed. "I'm not going to ask you for real money, dork." She sighed, no hint of malice in her tone. It was just as if she was using a nickname for him. "No one wants to play with me anymore. It's not my fault...." She sighed, but tossed him a small pouch of drachmas. "Because of the luck thing, I have too much of those." She nodded at the pouch. "I have no real use for as many as I have. Have fun." She gave a tiny smile, turning as a black cat with big green eyes wandered up. Fae liked to be ironic with the luck and black cat thing.

message 13: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "Really, huh?" He asked, turning sharply on his heel. His eyes scanned her, combing her for signs of something shady. He didn't trust her much, but deep down, he hoped that she wasn't a total jerk. He strode towards her and leaned on the wall next to her. "Alright, Fae, I'll play one game of blackjack with you." Eren held up one finger and narrowed his eyes. "One game, and then you owe me a pizza." He pushed off of the wall and stood right in front of her, glaring into her eyes. "Half pepperoni, half cheese, and NO mushrooms."

message 14: by KT (last edited Jan 22, 2015 03:34PM) (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Or... You could just get one pepperoni and one cheese pizza. I can pay." Fae offered, "And I make great Shamrock Shakes." She chuckled slightly, but she wasn't stupid. Luck got her many things, but she had to have some skill to play poker. Reading people was one. And she wasn't deaf either. She knew he didn't trust her. "If it'll help you hate me less, I can bless something for you." She offered.

message 15: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "Yes, but then we wouldn't be able to split the pizza, would we? And I don't want you to bless anything of mine. Ever." He sat at the table, impatiently tapping his fingers on the chair. "Well? We gonna play or what?" The cat rubbed his leg and his rolled his eyes, sighing. Eren hadn't played blackjack since their grade. He bet his watch and tried to steal it back once he lost... That's why he had broken ribs. He knew never to steal from someone bigger and stronger than him.

message 16: by KT (last edited Jan 22, 2015 04:16PM) (new)

KT (queenlykt) Fae flinched at his rejection of her offer, especially the 'ever' he added. "I guess." She sighed, a good deal more reluctant now. She slowly moved to pick up the cards and started dealing them out. "Now if you lose, you'll just blame me even when I tried to even it out." She muttered to herself under her breath. After she'd dealt the card she snapped her fingers, and the cat wandered over to her.

message 17: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "Just because your mom is Tyche doesn't mean you can't lose a game of cards." Eren grinned, his eyes becoming flecked with purple as he glanced at the cards he was dealt. He grinned and set them down. "Blackjack." He pushed the cards towards her and sat back, crossing his arms. "Maybe you're rubbing off onto me. I just hope I don't rub off on you. I'd hate it if you could see what I can." Eren smiled at a girl other than his mother for the first time in years.

message 18: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "I haven't yet." Fae smiled cautiously, glancing at her cards. "Same." She chuckled, tossing them onto the table and looking to the side as the cat jumped up onto the couch next to her. She smiled slightly and rolled a die onto the floor, giggling as the cat pounced after it. She moved her fingers, keeping the die moving and the cat chasing. "I can at least keep Jinx distracted from you for now. Nothing I see is really... bad. But right now..." She stared hard at the cat. "For example. I know that Jinx's chances of hitting the wall while chasing this dice are about 30%."

message 19: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "I've just had bad experiences with cats in the past. And with girls." He explained, sitting back in his chair. "Do you know how to use a sword?" He asked, drawing his ice cold blade from it sheathe. The blade glinted in the firelight, Eren's eyes as fierce as the flame.

((Sorry for shortness, in school.))

message 20: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Nope." Fae said cheerfully. "If I have to, I just..." She drew her hands apart and the cards floated between them, many of them turning into daggers. "It's easier to do this than try and do all the work of swinging a big, clunky sword."

message 21: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments He growled, his eyes flashing purple, as he sliced the daggers in half and grabbed her shirt. "A big, clunky sword? This is one of my father's heirlooms. I can cut a bullet in half with this thing, so don't insult it." Eren glared at her, their faces less than an inch away. "Got it?"

message 22: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) Fae flinched backwards with a yelp, her breath catching in her throat. The daggers he had cut switched back to cards and fluttered to the floor, each half landing together and melting back into full cards. But they didn't move from their spot. Her green eyes were wide and terrified as she stared back at him silently. She hadn't taken one breath since he'd attacked her. But she whimpered slightly, and a single tear ran down her cheek. She could take on the best of them in a fist fight, but she wasn't good with weapons. Swords were the worst. She didn't know the first thing about how to use them, and they terrified her. And right now, so did he.

message 23: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "Why the Hades are you crying?" He asked, releasing Fae's shirt. "I'm just messing with you." He wiped the tear from her eye and sat back down. "Sorry... " He rubbed his hands together and glanced up at her. Eren's face flushed, embarrassed.

message 24: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) Shaking her head, Fae took a deep breath. "No, no..." She breathed, holding her hand out. The cards shuffled up into them and into a neat stack, taking a few other breaths. "Sorry." She apologized, her blushing obvious on her pale skin. "Not your fault." She avoided looking at him, obviously embarrassed that she'd been so scared by just a joke.

message 25: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) ((:3))

message 26: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments ((sorry I've been super busy))

message 27: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) ((Oh no problem. Gave me time to make Artemis lol))

message 28: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments Eren's smirk remained plastered to his face. "You ARE a scaredy cat. Tsk, tsk." He sat back down in the chair and eyed the redness on her face. He let out a small laugh, his eyes filled with amusement. "Most people either make fun of me or are scared of me. I don't know why."

message 29: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "I wonder." Fae said dryly, her nervous gaze flickering to the sword. He was starting to get much less nice than he had been, and she found she was therefore liking him less. Her shamrock green gaze flickered to him for an instant before she looked down at her cards again, absently walking her fingers over them and making them stand up on one corner and start to spin in a circle.

message 30: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "You don't have to wonder much." He stood from the table, wanting an ice cold root beer to drink. That would take his mind off of things. "See ya around then?" He asked, pressing the button on the cross guard of his sword. The sword folded back into a small amulet that he could clip onto his belt, almost like a badge. It was intricately carved obsidian, depicting how many ways someone could die from the sword. Eren had to use a magnifying glass to look at I since the drawings were so miniscule. From a distance it just looked like an obsidian badge."I don't want to ruin your night anymore."

message 31: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) Now she felt guilty. With a sigh, Fae shook her head. "No. If you want to stay, that's perfectly fine." She offered, though without much hope. She stood and crossed the room over to the small fridge in the room, shoving stuff around in there. She ended up with a bottle of mountain dew and a box of what looked suspiciously like Chinese takeout. From the nearby counter she opened a drawer, than grabbed chopsticks from it and bumped it closed with her hip before returning to the couch and sitting cross-legged on it. She set her drink on the table and opened her box of takeout, smiling as she reached in with her chopsticks.

message 32: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments Eren sniffed and turned on his heel. "Is that... Takeout?" He asked his eyes wide. "Chicken and fried rice?... That's like... My 2nd favorite food, next to pizza... Can I try some?" Eren's hands were on her shoulders , staring her in the eye. "How did you get this stuff into camp?"

message 33: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) Fae jumped at his touch, staring back at him a bit nervously. "As luck would have it, there was a Chinese truck going by as I was taking a walk. Also luckily, they sold food right out of the truck." She bit her lip as she studied him, sighing slightly. Before she even took a bite, she set her chopsticks back in the box and the box on the table, gesturing for him to just take it.

message 34: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "No! Eat it!" He said, opening her mouth and grabbing some rice with the chopsticks and feeding it to her. "You can't just give this away! This is like... The second form of ambrosia!" He handed her the food again and shook his head. "Don't be stupid. Or bite your lip like that!" Eren's face flushed and he turned around.

message 35: by KT (last edited Feb 09, 2015 02:18PM) (new)

KT (queenlykt) Fae yipped slightly, but grinned cautiously at the food, giggling slightly as she swallowed. "It's fine, really!" She insisted, shaking her head and holding a hand over her mouth to block the chopsticks. "It makes me happier to see other people happy than to try and be happy myself." She shrugged, watching him as he turned around. "Go ahead. If I want I'm sure I can find more." She promised. She looked down a bit and started to bite her lip, then forced herself to not as she remembered what he said.

message 36: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "Nah. I'm alright." Eren turned to see her looking down. "Vas ist Das?" He asked, peeling her hand from her mouth and shoving more rice in. "Just eat it." He furrowed his brow. "Don't be stubborn, Sie dumm fuhrt."

message 37: by KT (last edited Feb 09, 2015 02:36PM) (new)

KT (queenlykt) Sierra shook her head, giggling and pushing his hand away. "It's alright! I can get more. You said it was one of your favorite foods. You take it. Tá sé fíneáil, geallaim!" She insisted, pushing him away with a smile.
(view spoiler)

message 38: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments ((Gaelic?))

"I'll live. I may or may not have a system to sneak pizzas into camp." He said, once again putting the chopsticks in front of her and holding out the carton. "Just take it and eat it." His eyes narrowed and glowed purple for a moment. "Don't make me go full German mother on you!" Eren's mother always used to scold him when he didn't eat what she considered an "appropriate" amount. Thank gods he had a higher metabolism, the doctor said otherwise Eren would be clinically obese. Despite not being in any sports in Minnesota, he was one of the most athletic people at school. He could normally find a yard stick and hold off four or five members of the football team at once. For a son of Hades, Eren fought like Ares. Going to camp at a younger age than most gave him a chance to hone his skills and become one of the best swordsmen around.

message 39: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) ((Irish google translate))

"Eren, I had three mothers. I can take one German imitation of one. I promise you that I will win this one." Fae said in slight amusement. She shook her head slightly as she watched him, chuckling. "I have three full-blooded Irish mothers. I grew up in the house of potatoes, soup, and over-mothering. You can have the Chinese takeout. I'm spoiled."

message 40: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments Eren let out a growl and went on a tirade in German, shouting at Fae inches from her face, his eyes full of rage. In reality he was complimenting her on how nice she had been, but he made it sound like she was the most hated person in the world. He ended up glaring at her right in the eye, shoving the takeout in her lap and holding out the chopsticks, waiting for her to take them. "That's half of what my mom would do if I didnt eat all of my breakfast."

message 41: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "Oh, trust me. Easy peasy. My mothers?" Fae smirked, pushing him back. "Sierra wouldn't yell, she wouldn't get in your face. She'd cry. It honestly hurt her feelings. Lynn? She would never say anything. She'd just look at me with the bluest eyes you've ever seen and hug Sierra. So I would gladly trade the guilt trips for yelling, Eren darling." She chuckled and crossed the room, pulling a picture out and heading back to Eren and showing him. She nodded at the blonde. "Could you really not finish your meal, and watch her little heart break?"
(view spoiler)

message 42: by Alexander (last edited Feb 09, 2015 08:09PM) (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "Really? That's what phases you?" He laughed, shaking his head. "Guilt doesn't effect me much. She is quite pretty though, Mon Amie." Eren's Grandmother was French and his grandfather was German, so he was fluent in both languages. "Heartbreak only makes those with something to live for sad. To take a saying from a certain someone." He crossed his arms and pulled out his grandfather's old wooden pipe. "Don't call me darling. You're not my girlfriend. Or my mom, for that matter."

message 43: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) "You think you could handle it. I promise you wouldn't be able to. You don't know her. She was the sweetest person ever. Seeing her cry was the saddest thing I've ever seen. Well, it had been." She lapsed into silence for a moment before hearing his word. The school Fae had gone to was a unique school. Everyone there was at least bilingual, as many were from other countries or their parents were. Fae picked up many languages there. She wasn't necessarily fluent, but she could get at least half to three-quarters of them. That was why his German yelling hadn't made her flinch as she usually did. "Mon amie?" She questioned with a small, almost hopeful smile. "I hope I didn't learn that way wrong, but I've always heard that as calling someone a friend. Do you mean it like that, mo chara?" she asked him, her tone definitely hopeful.

message 44: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "Oui, Madame." He said, the pipe starting to glow purple. Eren sucked in a breath and felt all his stress and fatigue wear away. His father had enchanted the pipe to restore his strength. "Wait a moment... What languages do you know?" Eren's eyes were aflame with purple as he asked the question. "And where do you learn them?" Eren's grandfather was a veteran of World War II, as was his grandmother. His mother was raised on the east side of Germany, where every day she was reminded to bear the sins of her ancestors. No matter what the family's duty was always to its conscience.

message 45: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) Fae smiled brightly at him as he agreed, restraining herself from hugging him. "My mother, mother, and mother are all Irish. So I am just as fluent at that as I am English, if not more so. I know Spanish, French, German, Sign Language, Italian, and can get by with Chinese and Japanese. Swahili is wicked hard, but if I had to I could probably do it. But don't rely on me to translate that one. There's some more, but I don't remember all of them." She listed, thinking. "I knew Irish before I knew English, and when we came to America from Ireland I went to this tiny school. All of the kids there were from other countries, or their parents had been. Everyone spoke different languages at first, plus English. But after a while we started learning and teaching each other our own languages to talk without people understanding, mostly teachers. I learned more from other students than teachers there. After a while you'd get curious, and I was lucky enough to have that little part of your brain that's more susceptible to learning languages... Basically it glitched. It usually shuts down when you grow past like five, but for me it's still there. I can learn almost any language really fast." she blushed a bit, not used to having to basically brag about herself.

message 46: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "Wow... You had a significantly better school life than me." He said, turning around to hide his face. "So... You knew what I was saying then?" He haked, his face turning red. He didn't like the fact that he was caught being nice to her. He wasn't used to anyone understanding him, let alone speaking German or French. Deep down Eren didnt know how he felt about this girl. She was one of the only people at camp he liked.

((They should go on a quest.))

message 47: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) Fae nodded, smiling slightly. "I did. Come on, did you really think I didn't? You've seen my reactions well enough by now. You know that if I didn't I would not take it as as I did." She chuckled, frowning at his embarrassment. "Don't worry. I'm not going to go tell everyone and ruin your big bad reputation." she promised him.

((Yes!))

message 48: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments "I'm not worried about whatever crappy reputation I have. And I don't know you that well. I'm not very good at reading people, spud head." He flicked her knee and sat down next to her. "Ya know, I feel odd around you. Like we were supposed to meet or something... I dunno."

((We'll need more people though, right?))

message 49: by KT (new)

KT (queenlykt) ((At least one more.))

Fae pouted slightly, elbowing him in return for the flick. "Oh come on. I eat more than just potatoes...." She protested cheerfully, shaking her head. "I do feel the same. But, I am not going to jump to conclusions. I just think we've both been lonely for a long time." She said simply, giving a small smile.

message 50: by Alexander (new)

Alexander G. (taughtlocket6) | 249 comments Letting out a tired "Hmph." as he laid back. He returned the elbow, saying "I dunno. This doesn't feel normal, spuds." He teased, poking her nose. Once Eren was semi-comfortable around someone he started to poke them, almost as if to ensure that they actually existed. Which for most of his friends, wasn't the case. Spirits were everywhere. "After being at camp for so long... One gets restless, ya know? I miss the smell of a lake that's just frozen over. Being able to fish without being swarmed by angry nymphs." He once got his hook caught in a nymph's hair. He walked back to the Hades cabin, drenched.

« previous 1