Addicted to Ink discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Read-a-Thon Archives > Idea and Name

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kylee (new)

Kylee (kyleerae23) So we had an idea to host a read-a-thon because they're super fun and who doesn't love an excuse to read a bunch? We were thinking that we want to host one big read-a-thon challege over this year, and have it focused on reading/discovering new books. So we want to start with a February TBR read-a-thon, to just bust out as many books on your TBR shelf in 72 hours, which will obviously be books you haven't read yet.

After that, we want to run one every month, with new themes like (just as an example) YA contemporary, and then people try to read as many books that they've never read before that fit the theme, in the read-a-thon time. Make sense?

We thought it would be fun to be working towards a goal and to be able to look back and see how many new books you read this year, while still putting a dent in your TBR pile. Hopefully, it will cause people to reach out of their comfort zones and try new genres or books and maybe discover some new favorites.

So what we need help with is coming up with a name and hashtag that we can run these read-a-thons under. They should probably have to do with discovering new books or something along those lines. If you guys have any question or ideas, please feel free to share! Thanks :)

message 2: by Dory (new)

Dory (fishthatreads) InkAThon

message 3: by Grace (new)

Grace (graceisinspace) | 160 comments DORYDORYDORYDORY That's an amazing idea!!!!!!!

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace (graceisinspace) | 160 comments Can the 72 hours be like a Friday-Sunday? Because I was just thinking that if it were during a week, it wouldn't be as productive because people are busy with work or school.

message 5: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria (starkovalina) | 539 comments Mod
Grace wrote: "Can the 72 hours be like a Friday-Sunday? Because I was just thinking that if it were during a week, it wouldn't be as productive because people are busy with work or school."

Yes, we were actually planning for it to be a Friday to Sunday night read-a-thon :)

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace (graceisinspace) | 160 comments Alexandria wrote: "Grace wrote: "Can the 72 hours be like a Friday-Sunday? Because I was just thinking that if it were during a week, it wouldn't be as productive because people are busy with work or school."

Yes, ..."

Thank you, that would be awesome :) :)

message 7: by Aisha (new)

Aisha (aisha_i) Friday- Sunday is great. No work/ school so it is easier to read.

message 8: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (a-novel-thing) I agree with the Friday-Sunday. That would be perfect. :)

message 9: by Alexandria (new)

Any ideas for a name/hashtag for the read-a-thons?

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (a-novel-thing) hmmm ... maybe #readin72 or #ATIreadin72 (ATI standing for Addicted to Ink)???

message 11: by Dory (new)

Dory (fishthatreads) Im still going with #InkAThon

message 12: by Alexandria (new)

I have no problem with that as long as everyone else is okay with it

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (a-novel-thing) #InkAThon does sound awesome! :)

message 14: by Grace (new)

Grace (graceisinspace) | 160 comments I think #InkAThon is a really amazing idea!!!!!!!

message 15: by Dory (new)

Dory (fishthatreads) Its because im amazing... and my nose continues to fill with rainwater. x)

message 16: by Alexandria (new)

What time would you guys want to start the read-a-thon? It will start on a Friday but would you prefer anytime Friday, or everyone starting at the same set time?

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (a-novel-thing) Maybe leave Friday open? Usually Friday is still a work day for some ... just throwing that out there.

message 18: by Alexandria (new)

That's fine. We can make it technically start Friday morning and then people can jump in whenever they like. It will definitely end Sunday at midnight though.

message 19: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (a-novel-thing) Question: for the February read-a-thon, will it be genre/theme specific or our choice?

message 20: by Alexandria (new)

The "theme" will be to read books in your TBR pile, so you can choose to read whatever genre. I will broadcast a message to all group members soon with more info

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.