Stacks Exceed Life Expectancy Book Blog discussion

What If?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth | 3 comments Mod
I posed this question on the blog. If you can make switch a supporting character with the main character, who would it be and why? For instance, say Hunger Games was about Peeta and not Katniss or Dr. Watson was the detective and not Sherlock?

How would it make the story different, the same, better or worst? Let's hear your ideas.

message 2: by Sparrow Knight (new)

Sparrow Knight Interesting idea...I'm reading Blood and Iron by Elizabeth Bear right now, in the fantasy genre. I'm having a hard time getting into it, because the only character I like is a supporting character, so she doesn't show up much. And the writing is very disjointed, but that's another subject.

So the character I like is Carel Bierce, the new Merlin who is being courted by two Faeire courts, & a Mage court. There's all sorts of prophecy & portents, she's aware of her magic, has some skill & needs more. So...what is it like to be courted by so many, to be born into such magic? How is it to be both human professor at a community college, local professional folk musician, & the Merlin? How is it to be black, female, & magic?

I think that's a heck of a lot more interesting a story.