YA LGBT Books discussion

Turning 16 (Turning 16, #1)
This topic is about Turning 16
Read-to-Review - complete & old > Turning 16 - Amazon reviews needed

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Perie (last edited Jan 22, 2015 10:54PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Perie Wolford Hi guys, I need Amazon reviews for the following book.

Title: Turning 16

Cover:

Turning 16

Number of copies available: 19 out of 25

Formats available: pdf, mobi, epub

Word count or pages: 163 pages

Blurb:

A Tribute to Sixteen Candles movie

Sam never liked his birthdays because not a single one of them was happy... When he turned 1, he fell face-down into his birthday cake; when he turned 5, he broke his left arm and when he turned 7, he broke his right arm and his left leg; when he turned 12, his house caught fire. Now Sam is about to turn 16 and he is dreading the day. The only birthday wish he has is for Jake who is the Mr. Popular of Arcadia High to even acknowledge his existence, or better yet give him a happy-birthday kiss.
But Sam knows that it’s not gonna happen. Or is it?

Book on Amazon: here

Roger Durán (rxgerduran) | 6 comments I'd love to do it! :)

yari  ⚢ (judewillemst) I want to do it

Luke (lukiep) | 31 comments It sounds interesting... :) I would love to...

Kari (BookandCoffeeLover) (clear_tranquil) | 3 comments Sounds great! I'd love to. :)

Jessa Ryan (jessaryan) | 9 comments I loved the movie and a book along the same lines sounds interesting. Count me in. I'll PM you.

Marthese Formosa | 7 comments count me in, sounds sweet and I'm in the mood for a sweet read.

Lifeofalez | 1 comments i will pm you to see if any copies are still available.

message 9: by Brent (new)

Brent Hartinger (brenthartinger) | 28 comments Just got my copy. Looking forward to it!

message 10: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Clark (jaydclark) | 488 comments I would like to read it and review it. Sounds like a really fun premise.

message 11: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Clark (jaydclark) | 488 comments I went ahead and just bought a copy. Review to follow when I finish.

Perie Wolford Jay wrote: "I went ahead and just bought a copy. Review to follow when I finish."

Thanks Jay :)

message 13: by Jay (last edited Feb 08, 2015 05:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Clark (jaydclark) | 488 comments I liked it enough to read it in less than a day and I have posted the review both here and on Amazon.

Perie Wolford Jay wrote: "I liked it enough to read it in less than a day and I have posted the review both here and on Amazon."

That is a great review! Thank you so much!

message 15: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay Clark (jaydclark) | 488 comments Perie wrote: "Jay wrote: "I liked it enough to read it in less than a day and I have posted the review both here and on Amazon."

That is a great review! Thank you so much!"

I really liked how you took the premise of 16 Candles and then made the boy-to-boy version your own, especially with the issues that gay teen boys face and that you touched upon without being preachy.

Garry Holden (gh8421) | 3 comments Sounds like a sweet read, would love to do it.

message 17: by DJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

DJ (storywrtr) | 12 comments If you still need a reader/reviewer, I'd love to read this.

Perie Wolford DJ wrote: "If you still need a reader/reviewer, I'd love to read this."

Hi, sure! PM me with your email address and what format you prefer MOBI or PDF?

Perie :)

Dreamer80 | 15 comments I'd love to read it..

Dreamer80 | 15 comments Loved it! Posted my review on Goodreads and on Amazon!! Thank you

Garry Holden (gh8421) | 3 comments An awesome read! Review posted on here and Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-rev...

message 22: by Perie (last edited May 13, 2015 09:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Perie Wolford Thank you guys for your reviews! I'm glad you liked the book :)

If anybody else wants a free copy, just pm me here on GR with your email address and format preference (MOBI or PDF).

message 23: by DJ (last edited May 14, 2015 08:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

DJ (storywrtr) | 12 comments Great book! Can't wait for the next one! :) Thank you!

Goodreads review here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Amazon review here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-rev...

message 24: by Coby (new) - added it

Coby (coby613) | 1 comments Ill review it!