Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Please correct page count

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cristina (new)

Cristina Piazzarollo (cristpiazza) | 56 comments I have a boxed set of The Lord of the Rings in which the page count does not reset from a book to another. Because of this the first book (978-0-618-26051-5) has 410 pages, which is correct in this site, but the second book (978-0-618-26059-1) goes from 411 to 750 and therefore doesn't have the full 750 pages, but only 340 and is the smallest of the three. The same is for the third book (978-0-618-26055-3) starting from 751 an finishing at 1170, having then 420 pages and not the full 1170.

message 2: by Christian (new)

Christian | 8 comments Done, thanks for pointing this out.

message 3: by Cristina (new)

Cristina Piazzarollo (cristpiazza) | 56 comments Thank you for the correction, Christian.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41994 comments Mod
Undone. While we recognize that books like this will appear to have more pages than they should, we believe it is more important to enable users to just enter the page number they are on without having to subtract each time.

message 5: by Cristina (new)

Cristina Piazzarollo (cristpiazza) | 56 comments If that's the decision of the site, I'll accept. But I get more bothered with the extra unread pages on my page count than having to subtract each time.

message 6: by Christian (new)

Christian | 8 comments it is three separate hardcover books right? there is another example of this gulag archipelago which was several volumes with continuous numbering but treated separately?