2017 Reading Challenge discussion

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1)
This topic is about The Maze Runner
15/Book set in the future > The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Charlotte Weber Set in a futuristic world where teenagers are sent to live in a massive, seemingly unsolvable maze. It was a little disorienting at the very beginning. You feel like you're in the same position as Thomas who has no idea where he's at so you learn things as he learns things. The pace was good and I was gripped through the whole story. I had to take forced breaks when the battery on my Kindle would die. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) I was captured by this book as well,mainly because I wanted to read the book before the movie came out. I found myself enjoying it and wanting to figure out the maze as much as Thomas. The ending left me intrigued and sad at the same time. I received the second one in the series as a secret santa gift, but I have yet to pick it up. I might use it as my book set in the future.

Jennifer (jenmarie1117) | 19 comments I'm glad someone else picked this! I was worried that (technically) this might not be construed as future. I thought the beginning, though, was just a little hard to get into. The end was much better for me. I got the box set for an early present (although I read this on my Nook), so if I finish the 52 books by some great miracle, I can read the rest as "bonus books"!

Charlotte Weber Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was technically set in the future either but I found an article where the author said it definitely is futuristic. I plan on using the Scorch Trials as my book turned into a movie because the movie comes out later this year and I want to read it before I watch it.

Cynthia (vemusa) | 14 comments I'm planning to read all three of them for the trilogy!

Rosemary Markham I also read the book as a futurist world. I really enjoyed it as I did the movie. They are somewhat different from each other but the basic story is the same. I look forward to the rest of the trilogy.

Summer I'm reading these for my trilogy.