Audiobooks discussion

Benton (Benton #2)
This topic is about Benton
Archives > Review Codes for Zombie Series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new) - added it

Angie Hickman | 14 comments Hi, all! I have review codes available for Part Two of the Benton Zombie series. If you are interested, and have not yet heard Part One, let me know in your query and I will fix you up with both. Please send me a private message with your email address and I will gift you with a copy (or two). Check out the Audible sample here: http://www.audible.com/pd/Teens/Bento...

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (mobe1969) | 463 comments Looks pretty interesting. But any reason these are being released in such small parts? For audiobook buyers/audible members, buying something of that length generally isn't that desirable, with all the material available. It might work OK for kindle serials, but I can't think of any it works for in audiobook. It is pretty hard reviewing something that short, to entice readers. Eg you need a really convincing argument.

message 3: by Angie (new) - added it

Angie Hickman | 14 comments I am neither the publisher or the author, only the narrator . . . but I do understand that with the advent of kindle unlimited more and more independent writers are going to a serial format; and ACX/Audible will present the audio *only* in the same format as the book/e-book (for the purposes of whisper-sync, I believe).

In this particular instance, if you pm me with your email address, you can listen to the first 2/3 of the story at no charge and with no risk. :-)

--Angie

message 4: by Marva (new)

Marva | 16 comments You can have 10% variance between the ebook and the audio. Least that's what my producer told me. All of my books have whispersynced with no problems.

Are you listed on ACX? If so, are you also the producer? I like my narrator/producer to work together closely. If you need a professional producer, check out Red Baarns Studio. Don Baarns is an excellent producer. He uses his rather large family for voice work, but he wouldn't mind working with other narrators. One of my books was narrated by his son (a semi-pro baseball radio announcer) and the other five by Lisa (Don's wife). I'd like her to narrate my next two books, but she's so busy, I'll have to wait around 6 months. In the meantime, I'm shopping other narrators just in case.

message 5: by Angie (new) - added it

Angie Hickman | 14 comments Hi, Marva!
I am on ACX; of the titles I have narrated there, I am also the producer, but I am open to other scenarios. I know who Don Baarns is (he is a man who is extremely generous with his expertise on various Facebook groups I've joined. I have some software purchased on his recommendation in front of me right now!).

I'll send you a pm. I'll tell you where to find more of my samples to listen to; maybe you can tell me what books you are possibly looking to have narrated; and we'll see what happens?

message 6: by Marva (new)

Marva | 16 comments Ah, just got your next message while typing this one.

I did find you and listen to some of your narrations. You're very good with child and southern voices.

If you want to look at the audition script for my next book. You can find me there through the message button: https://www.acx.com/titleview/A23AHQ5...

How are you at old man, genie, demon, pirates, taking horses, and teenage girl (not a complete list)? I'm bound to scare off any takers, so I'm glad to have Don and Lisa for backup.

I don't have sufficient funds to pay you a decent stipend. Royalty share is terrible, but I share that even with additional pay. Finally, ACX allows two methods of payment. Don and I have a "special" relationship because my books were the first fiction ones he did on ACX. In other words, he gives me the family discount.