2015 Book Challenge discussion

Challenge Topics > A book written by an author with your same initials

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Fritz (rooftopreads) | 61 comments Mod
Do some digging on the internet and find an author that shares your initials.

message 2: by Renee (new)

Renee | 15 comments Wikipedia has some short lists, but the more comprehensive lists are on the Internet Book Database.
e.g. http://www.ibookdb.net/authorlist/C

Put in the letter for your own last name and it'll bring up a huge list of authors with your last name. Then you can look for authors with the same first initial.

There's an easy way to do it with Excel; if anyone gets stuck and wants the Excel instructions or a list of authors with their initials let me know and I can post that.

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee | 15 comments I'm trying to decide between Robin Cook and Richard Castle. I feel like I should put him in quotes!

message 4: by Lia (new)

Lia Ung | 2 comments This is kind of a nightmare for me since my initials are LBU, I've found a couple of LB's and LU's, but that's it :c

message 5: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Pennock | 7 comments Mine are MP, so I'm considering reading M Pierce's Night Owl.

message 6: by Stacy (new)

Stacy I had to get my librarian's help for this. She found an author when I couldn't so now I just need it to come in.

message 7: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2 comments Looking for an author with JF initials, any ideas?

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Raff Any ideas for SR initials. I haven't found anything.

message 9: by Mary Sue (new)

Mary Sue Jo wrote: "Looking for an author with JF initials, any ideas?"

Here are some that I have either read or they are on my TBR list:

Jamie Ford - Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet
Jonathan Franzen - The Corrections
John Fante - The Brotherhood of the Grape
Jonathan Safran Foer - Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close or Everything is Illuminated
John Fowles - The Magus or The French Lieutenant's Woman
Janet Frame - Faces in the Water

message 10: by Mary Sue (new)

Mary Sue Sarah wrote: "Any ideas for SR initials. I haven't found anything."

Here are a few authors - I haven't read anything by them yet, but I do have some of their works on my TBR list:

Suzanne Rindell
Sharon Huss Roat
Salman Rushdie
Simon Raven

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Raff Mary Sue wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Any ideas for SR initials. I haven't found anything."

Here are a few authors - I haven't read anything by them yet, but I do have some of their works on my TBR list:

Suzanne Rindell..."

thanks!

message 12: by Mary Sue (new)

Mary Sue Being someone with a double first name and therefore initials (MSS), I was originally going to look for an author whose initials were just MS. However, then I came across Muriel Spark, whose middle name was Sarah, so I found an author with the initials MSS. I read The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie  by Muriel Spark for this task.