SSG: Spy/Spec-Ops Group discussion

Double Jeopardy (Tweed & Co. #1)
This topic is about Double Jeopardy
I Want a New Title! > Colin Forbes SAS series

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Feliks, Moderator (last edited Jan 19, 2015 08:45AM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) | 1094 comments Mod
In a thread a while back, one of our members, (Kevin R.) mentioned this author in passing and it only later dawned on me that I'm not familiar with him. Its author Colin Forbes. I'm making a thread for him because he's got upwards of twenty titles; British thrillers (as Kevin says) with all the good qualities of a Ludlum thriller. 'SAS' background to these tales. The series protagonist is named 'Martel'; and I've added the titles to our shelves.

message 2: by Feliks, Moderator (last edited Jan 20, 2015 08:34AM) (new)

p.s. Colin Forbes --before this 20+ volume series called 'Tweed & Co'--seems to also have been the writer of a few quirky standalone paperbacks. Not sure if anyone else here remembers it, but 'Avalanche Express' was made into a dopey little movie with an A-list cast:
Lee Marvin, Robert Shaw, Maximmillian Schell, Horst Bucholz, and also...Linda Evans, Mike Connors, and Joe Namath! ha

Any film set on a train is worth watching, the way I feel about it. Unfortunately movies with avalanches never do that well; what this movie probably needed was for the engine to smash through a train station the way they did in 'Silver Streak'.

message 3: by Stephen (new)

Stephen England | 1 comments Nice--never heard of this series before. I'll have to keep him in mind.

message 4: by Feliks, Moderator (new)

He is well respected. Let us know what you think!