Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by christina (new)

christina | 20 comments Hi all!!
Would appreciate your help on a question I have, its not really writing related but perhaps you can help me. If you found mistakes in an ebook (kindle), not just typos but also errors in the flow of the story would u contact the author or their publisher about them?
Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex | 139 comments As an author, I would want to be contacted, especially if the ebook has been recently published. I'd be grateful.

message 3: by christina (new)

christina | 20 comments Thank u so much! I appreciate it 😊 I was really debating if I should do smth about it but now I will. Thanks!

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam | 46 comments Honestly not sure if I would contact the author or just stop reading the book. These are the types of errors that should be found by a good editor before a book is published.

message 5: by christina (new)

christina | 20 comments Yes I can see what u mean, but i was enjoying the book way too much to stop reading it... Thanks for commenting!

message 6: by J.R. (last edited Oct 18, 2020 09:35AM) (new)

J.R. Alcyone | 281 comments There are probably a few authors who would react badly, but most others would be happy to know about the errors so they can fix them. If this is an indie book, know that many indie authors operate on shoestring budgets. We have to finance the entire project, and editing gets very expensive, especially multiple rounds of editing. (We also, as a rule, are not getting rich writing. Most of us lose money versus make it.)

If you love the book, and it sounds like you do, point that out to the author along with the errors.

message 7: by christina (new)

christina | 20 comments Thank u for commenting 😊 I hope she doesnt react badly 😬 I took my chances with it. Yes of course I know indie authors have minimum budgets and that it gets hard with the editing rounds. Thanks again 😊

message 8: by Adam (new)

Adam | 46 comments Let us know how it turns out.

message 9: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Alcyone | 281 comments christina wrote: "Thank u for commenting 😊 I hope she doesnt react badly 😬 I took my chances with it. Yes of course I know indie authors have minimum budgets and that it gets hard with the editing rounds. Thanks aga..."

Sounds like you have the best intentions, Christina. I hope the author takes your comments in the spirit they are intended.